West Point's Terry Finley, leading trainer Kenny McPeek and others have been announced as speakers for the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association's Pedigree & Conformation Clinic on Monday, Oct. 23 at Fasig-Tipton in Lexington, Kentucky.
The day-long clinic will take place on the first day of Fasig Tipton's Kentucky October Yearling sale.
Attendees will learn insights on different aspects of Thoroughbred auctions, bloodstock, pedigree, and conformation analysis, and more from industry professionals as well as enjoy a day at the sales.
The topics and speakers at the clinic include:
• Role of the Auction House & Auction Process, presented by Anna Seitz-Ciannello (Fasig-Tipton, Director of Client Relations)
• Thoroughbred Horse Racing Partnerships, presented by Terry Finley (West Point Thoroughbreds, President & CEO)
• Yearling Prep for the Sales, presented by Katie Taylor (Taylor Made Sales, Vice President of Operations)
• Horse Selection/Conformation/Pedigree, presented by Kenny McPeek (Multiple Graded Stakes Winning Trainer and Leading Thoroughbred Bloodstock Advisor)
• Equine Insurance, presented by Tyler Clarke (Clay Ward Agency)
• Equineline & Pedigree Resources, presented by Susan Martin (The Jockey Club Information Systems, Director of Marketing)
• Grayson-Jockey Club Current Research, presented by Jamie Haydon (Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, President) and Johnny Mac Smith, DVM (Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation, Veterinary Advisor)
Registration is available online, until Friday, Oct. 20, at: toba.memberclicks.net/seminars-clinics.