Live Oak Hounds
Good Experienced Rider Needed
To be the right-hand man to a professional huntsman of a pack of foxhounds founded 47 years ago in Monticello Florida. Job involves hunting 85-90 days a year, hound care, mowing trails with a tractor, etc. Prior hunting experience not necessary although any hunting experience of any kind is a plus. We can teach you all you need to know. Must be of good character, pleasant, drug free, non-smoker and limited alcohol consumer. Full medical insurance, dental insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, big Christmas bonus, $2000 annual IRA contribution, $1200 annual utility allowance and 3 bedroom two bath house provided. There are seven other full-time employees of the Hunt. Clean driver’s license and US Citizen or permanent green card required.
Please call Sam Andrews, Huntsman at 704-807-8327
Job available immediately
The New York Racing Association, Inc seeks a seasonal Outrider to work at Saratoga Race Course from mid-June through mid-September.
• Open and close the racetrack to horse training at designated hours. Must be on the track prior to any horses.
• Catch horses that get free during workouts.
• Contact appropriate personnel when injuries occur.
• Enforce training and equipment regulations on the track.
• Advanced horsemanship skills.
• Experience working as an exercise rider or as a pony boy/girl.
• Ability to provide own pony. A daily pony stipend will be provided.
TO APPLY EMAIL RESUME TO [email protected]
Lexington-based Bloodstock Agency is Seeking a Part- to Full-Time Employee to assist the partners with the organizational and administrative duties of the business.
The ideal candidate would have:
*Experience in the industry
*A proven record of success at similar positions
*Strong organizational and writing skills
*An understanding of the paperwork required for consigning and racing horses
*Solid writing and grammatical skills
Duties at the position include:
*Filing and organizing Jockey Club papers.
*Ensuring that owners silks are present where required
*EVA and Coggins paperwork for sales and racing
*Ability to work in Microsoft Excel
*Other administrative duties, as required
The position offers:
*The ability to work from home
*The ability to work anywhere in the country
* A migration to more hours if desired
Send resume and cover letter telling us why you’re perfect for the job to [email protected]
Join The New York Racing Association, Inc. as a full-time Head Starter, or as a Seasonal Head Starter at one of NYRA’s racetracks: Aqueduct Racetrack, Belmont Park or Saratoga Race Course.
- Oversee gate operations at multiple tracks during both training hours and live racing.
- Ensure horses are safely and efficiently loaded into the starting gate.
- Start each race once all entrants are safely loaded and standing attentively.
- Create a safe work environment by recommending and implementing safety measures.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- At least 7 years working in the starting gate.
- Advanced horsemanship skills.
- Supervisory experience and experience working as a Head Starter.
TO APPLY EMAIL RESUME TO [email protected]
SENIOR ASSOCIATION VETERINARIAN
Stronach Group (TSG) Association Veterinarians promote horse safety and welfare. The Senior Veterinarian will work with the Chief Veterinary Officer, VP of Racing and Racing Department, Racing Officials, Attending Veterinarians, and Horsemen to ensure equine safety during racing and training. This position will include execution of TSG procedures for monitoring and examining horses for all TSG Maryland facilities.
Senior Veterinarian Duties:
• Supervise consulting veterinarians employed by the racetrack.
• Schedule veterinarians to observe morning workouts and provide veterinary coverage for races.
• Assist Maryland Racing Commission Equine Medical Director with race day protocols as requested.
• Perform pre-race examinations of horses, observe morning workouts and provide race day veterinary coverage.
• Assist trainers and private veterinarians with regulatory policy and rule compliance.
• Assist Chief Veterinary Officer with development of safety and welfare programs and procedures as directed.
• Attend Maryland Racing Commission meetings as needed and advocate for TSG policies at those meetings.
• Training of racetrack personnel for compliance with Veterinary SOPs.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited US college required.
• Maryland Veterinary License or ability to become licensed.
• Maryland Racing Commission License or ability to become licensed.
• Membership in the AAEP preferred.
• Minimum 3 years as a veterinarian.
• Minimum 2 years of direct experience working in thoroughbred racing industry.
• Demonstrated expertise in making sound and valid decisions in high pressure situations.
• Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
• Strong computer skills to include effective working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
To Apply: Contact Jennifer Perkins, Veterinary Services Director TSG, at [email protected]
Successful Mid-Size Thoroughbred Farm located in North Central Florida seeking an experienced full time working farm manager. Tasks include: Broodmare management, foaling, yearling sales prep., lay-ups, and organization of daily farm routine. Must have extensive experience in reproduction and foaling. Intermediate computer knowledge required. Competitive pay & benefits based on experience. Please provide resume along with references to: [email protected]
For further details please call: 352-843-3288
Farm Manager Position
Mid-size Thoroughbred farm in Lexington, KY seeking full-time farm manager. This position is responsible for day-to-day operation of the farm, including hands-on oversight of high-quality thoroughbreds, veterinary interaction, oversight of employees, property maintenance, etc. Experienced horsemanship a requirement. Open mindedness and a desire to learn a must. This position offers a good opportunity for an organized and self-motivated individual.
Additional information regarding the position will be sent upon request. Interested applicants may send resumes and references to [email protected].