Established Central Kentucky thoroughbred farm is seeking an experienced working Farm Manager to continue to build on its history of success. Our current farm manager is retiring after a long and outstanding career and will be available to assist throughout the transition process.
Experience with Broodmares, Foals, Yearlings, Lay-Ups, Foaling, Sales Prep, Herd Health Management, and Pasture/ Facilities Management required. Ability to effectively manage others and good communication, organization, attention to detail and team building skills are essential.
Competitive salary, benefits and housing are offered. All applications will be held in confidence.
Please send resume and references to [email protected]
Sales Coordinator & Office Administrator
Central Kentucky Thoroughbred farm and sales agency seeking an experienced Sales Coordinator & Office Administrator.
· Previous Thoroughbred sales experience
· Strong computer and administrative skills
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully interact and liaise with clients
· Five-and-a-half-day work week
· Competitive salary with bonus
· Paid vacation
To apply, email: [email protected]
The Retired Racehorse Project, a 501(c)3 charitable organization, seeks an Executive Director with vision and passion to lead the organization into its second decade of service to Thoroughbred ex-racehorses in pursuit of second careers. The organization increases the demand for Thoroughbreds in equestrian sports using a market-based approach that serves the farms, trainers, owners and organizations that transition them.
The cornerstone event in support of this goal is the annual Thoroughbred Makeover, designed to inspire equestrians of all levels, backgrounds and ages, and showcase the trainability and talent of OTTBs. The RRP also hosts regional clinics/demos, educational seminars, and a Marketplace to facilitate the sale of Thoroughbreds to off-track trainers. The RRP additionally hosts a National Symposium to educate people involved in the care, training, and sale of these horses to responsible owners.
The RRP's Executive Director should have a strong understanding of Thoroughbred racing and breeding industries, the equestrian world, numerous disciplines within the sport horse industry that are highlighted at the Makeover, as well as the supplemental organizations that support them. This highly visible position requires extensive experience in public speaking, fundraising, grant management, strategic planning, and supervisory roles. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Develop and maintain relationships with key donors and sponsors
● Develop and maintain relationships and strategic partnerships with individuals, associations, and businesses related to Thoroughbred breeding, sales and racing; equestrian sports; aftercare; state and national equine advocacy and welfare
● Speak at/attend conferences, major events and other gatherings within the Thoroughbred and equine communities
● Helping to oversee RRP's major events (Thoroughbred Makeover, etc.) and host VIPs
● Serving as the media representative for the organization on key/major issues
● Identify and apply for grants and serve as the point of contact for grant reports, follow-up and relationship maintenance
● Identify and develop new initiatives and partnerships aimed at expanding the RRP's reach
● Represent the RRP on industry-related boards and committees
● Oversee strategic planning and operations of the organization, its staff, and Board of Directors
This is a full-time position that requires a heavy presence in Kentucky and Maryland, but one that can be managed remotely. The successful candidate will have at least ten years of experience in the designated responsibility areas, and be willing to travel on behalf of the RRP approximately 20 percent of the time. He/She is someone who works well within a team and is adaptable to working as a part of a geographically diverse group of highly motivated and dedicated employees. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and includes a benefits package. Applicants should submit a cover letter expressing interest and qualifications for the position, along with a Resume with at least three reference contacts. Finalists will be asked to present their vision for RRP's next five – ten years to a virtual meeting of the Search Committee. The deadline for applying for this position is December 20, 2021. Please send materials to [email protected].
Full Time Racing Secretary Required
Seeking full time, experienced Racing Secretary to join Hampshire Flat Racing Yard.
The successful candidate will take the lead on the necessary administrations for horses in training.
Daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Entries, Declarations and Jockey bookings
- Owner liaison and Weatherbys registrations
- Drafting emails and answering the phone
- General yard and staff management
- Daily transport and racing logistics
We are looking for a strong and confident communicator who is a capable of working effectively to deadlines. An organised person with excellent typing skills and familiarity of Microsoft Office programmes is essential.
Riding out would complement this role, but is not essential.
Competitive pay, and accommodation available if required. Will be required to work a 5 ½ day week, including Saturday mornings.
Please send your CV with references to [email protected] or call Hannah on 01264 772278.
Denali Stud Assistant Yearling Manager
Denali Stud is looking for a full-time Assistant Yearling Manager. This position will work under the supervision
of the Yearling Manager and will be responsible for managerial duties including working with the rest of the
staff and work with technological devices. Knowledge of Jockey Club Horse Farm Management System is a
plus. Multiple years of experience working with horses, preferably in yearling preparation is essential. The
person chosen for this position should be capable and willing to handle the responsibilities of the yearling
division. Must be reliable, organized, and have excellent communication skills.
Please send [email protected] an attached copy of your resume and references.
Spendthrift Farm Night Watch
Spendthrift Farm is seeking a full time night watch individual. Horse experience is a requirement. Pay is commensurate with that experience. Spendthrift offers excellent pay and benefits. Applicants should apply in person at 884 Iron Works Pike or email your resume to [email protected]
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) is a commercial semi-state body whose mission is to develop and promote Ireland's Horse Racing and Breeding Industries, to administer and govern the sport of Horse Racing in Ireland and to cultivate and promote the highest standards of Integrity and Welfare. HRI's headquarters are at the Curragh in County Kildare where the 200+ employees (including subsidiaries) are primarily based.
Our people and their passion for what they do is at the heart of our core values: Respect, Ambition, Empowerment, Excellence, Integrity, Pride & Passion.
Following the promotion of our current CFO to CEO, we are currently recruiting for a Chief Financial Officer in a permanent capacity. We are seeking to recruit a CFO who can demonstrate previous experience of achieving business growth within a strong control framework.
The Group CFO is responsible for financial and IT strategic direction and will provide the commercial and financial leadership for HRI and its subsidiaries and associate (Tote Ireland, Irish Thoroughbred Marketing and HRI Racecourses Limited and the Curragh Racecourse Ltd). The role is responsible for delivery of the Group's financial and business objectives in line with HRI's Strategic Plan. In addition, the role has direct responsibility for governance such as Internal Audit and Risk Management. The CFO acts as a key liaison with stakeholders for the Group, including the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General, Financial Institutions, Insurance and Pension Providers and various Industry bodies.
HRI are seeking a suitably qualified individual who has been operating at Board level with an established track record as a member of a senior leadership team as a CFO or Finance & IT Director. Proven leadership experience of managing a finance team in either a commercial organisation or semi-state body is required, including excellent people and communication skills and the capacity to influence, negotiate and drive performance across a broad mandate. A strong growth mindset is essential, along with the ability to create solutions capable of being delivered within a tight governance framework. Strategic capability, coupled with sound commercial acumen, is required to drive the extensive strategic plan and to represent HRI to all its internal and external stakeholders.
Application and further information
For further information and to apply for this role visit www.mazars.ie and search Ref. HRI0321.
All enquiries relating to this role should be directed to the Executive Recruitment Team by email to [email protected] or by telephone on +353 (1) 449 4400.
Mazars will be managing all aspects of this recruitment project on behalf of HRI. No enquiries or canvassing should be made directly to HRI.
Deadline for applications: Monday 20th December 2021 at 12pm noon.
Horse Racing Ireland is an equal opportunities employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion and equality at all levels of the organisation.
Stud Hand – Newmarket
Juddmonte is a leading international bloodstock and racing group with farms in the UK, Ireland and the USA.
We are seeking to recruit a full-time permanent stud hand to work at our farms in Newmarket.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
Previous experience in a stud environment (essential)
Ability to work on own initiative
Health and Safety awareness
Juddmonte offers an excellent salary and benefits package, including accommodation.
Applications can be sent to
HR Department, Juddmonte, Banstead Manor Stud, Cheveley, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 9RD or [email protected]
Alternatively, complete an application form at www.juddmonte.com/careers
Controller at Thoroughbred Horse Farm in Paris, KY
Thoroughbred horse farm in Paris, KY is seeking a Controller with at least five years of equine accounting experience with Quickbooks and Horse Farm Management System software. Please email resume to [email protected].
Woodford County horse farm accepting applications for a Foaling Person.
6 days a week, 7pm to 7am, excellent pay based on experience.
Requires foaling experience and references.
Call 859-293-0476 to schedule your interview.
The Aga Khan Studs are recruiting a Stud Groom based in France.
Reporting to the Director, the Stud Groom will be responsible for around 100 mares and their offspring, as well as a roster of stallions. Further tasks include:
– Supervision of mares and foals throughout the breeding season
– Organisation of veterinary care and follow-up
– Assistance with the maintenance of land, pastures, agricultural equipment, etc.
– Organisation and daily supervision of staff
You will have significant experience across all levels of a stud farm, with excellent technical knowledge of breeding and management of broodmares and foals. You will also have experience managing staff and will have to master the various computer systems for farm management. You should be fluent in French and confident speaking in English. The successful candidate should demonstrate responsibility, commitment, thoroughness, diligence and reliability.
Your application will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected]
Small Thoroughbred farm looking for a Full-Time Office Manager/Human Resources
– Competitive salary and health insurance
– Must have experience in the Thoroughbred Industry and be personable
– Duties include, but are not limited to, accounts billable and payable, payroll, inputting vet and farrier work, and some client interaction.
Email: [email protected]
Come Join One of the Oldest and Largest Veterinary Practices in the World!
Located in Lexington, KY
Competitive Benefits Packages
Please visit the website to apply:
STUD GROOM / ASSISTANT MANAGER
MOUNT COOTE STUD is one of Ireland's most successful and historic studs with a 40-strong broodmare band. The stud consigns annually to the principal UK and Irish yearling and breeding stock sales.
A vacancy has arisen for an EXPERIENCED STUD GROOM/ASSISTANT MANAGER who will report directly to the owner and handle the day-to-day running of the stud.
Age is no barrier, but the successful candidate will have sound experience of Broodmare Management, Foaling and Sales Preparation, and be capable of leading a strong and committed team.
Excellent accommodation available on site.
Applications, with CV and references to:
Mounte Coote Stud, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick, Ireland.
email: [email protected]
Please send work experience to: Justina Severni [email protected] or 860-604-5680.
Head Stallion Person
Dalham Hall Stud, Newmarket
The successful candidate will lead a team of nine Stallion Handlers, ensuring the first-class, year-round care of our stallions and upkeep of the pristine grounds.
The post holder is responsible for the following:
Planning and coordination of daily tasks for all Stallion Handlers
Overseeing the management of the Covering Barn during the breeding season
Overseeing client visits and stallion viewings
Organisation and delivery of the Darley Stallion Parade
Day-to-day people management
Our Head Stallion Handler holds a great deal of responsibility and should lead by example. It is important that you have a positive attitude towards the role and demand excellence from yourself and your team. We hope to recruit someone who values their team members, and achieves excellence by creating a fun, fair, collaborative and respectful working environment.
For the full job specification and to apply, visit https://smrtr.io/73Yxk.
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package, company accommodation and a
first-class working environment, with excellent opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
Apply using the link above or send your CV and a covering letter to
The closing date for applications is 21 November 2021. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is identified.
EQUINE OPERATIONS MANAGER
Stone Bridge Farm is seeking an equine operations manager. Candidate should have working knowledge and understanding of the thoroughbred breeding industry and be detail-oriented.
Duties for this job include, but are not limited to:
● Maintaining mare and foal health records and accounts via Horse Farm Management System
● Recording mare activity during breeding season
● Organizing, completing, and submitting all registration, nomination, sales, and breeding shed documents, including foal registration applications (w/ markings)
● Updating farm social media
● Valid driver's license
● Equine experience: at least 2 years
● Administrative experience: at least 2 years
● Knowledge of HFMS, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Facebook, Instagram
● Bilingual is a plus
email: [email protected]
Objectives of This Role
- Uphold standards of excellence, quality, and customer service
- Support and interact with other Thoroughbred industry-related management teams for the benefit of all
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business and volunteer relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
- Develop strategic plans for optimized productivity
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning goals/tasks and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals/tasks
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Delegate responsibilities to the employee or volunteer best suited to perform them, while enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved
For complete Job Description, visit: https://www.washingtonthoroughbred.com/wtboa-seeks-general-manager/
For more information, call (253) 288-7878 or e-mail [email protected]