EXPERIENCED FARM MANAGER
Consisting of 300 acres, Branton Court is home to Steven Parkin’s select band of broodmares and their progeny.
Candidates should have:
• Demonstrable experience within and understanding of the bloodstock industry.
• Extensive experience in farm, grassland and stud management.
• The ability to effectively manage a small team.
• The commercial awareness to deal with all service providers to the farm.
• A determination to achieve against clear objectives.
• A high level of competency and attention to detail.
The role offers an attractive salary, with a benefits package to include accommodation.
Applications and CVs (in strict confidence) to: [email protected]
seeks to hire a BROODMARE MANAGER
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Managing the broodmare band & foaling barn.
• Coordinating with veterinarians, farriers and other practitioners.
• Staff management.
• Experience with Jockey Club Horse Farm Management and Healthbook software.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word Processing.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Competitive salary, health insurance, housing & farm vehicle provided. Highly motivated individuals may apply to: [email protected]
Good opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated person who would excel in being part of our management team.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send their resume to [email protected].
All responses will be kept confidential.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
State breed organization is seeking qualified individual. Reports to Board. Will plan and coordinate events to promote breeding in the state. Attend and report on Commission and HBPA meetings. Schedule and run regular Board meetings and provide the agendas.
Candidates will be expected to track, record and provide Quarterly financial reports. Should be highly organized with attention to detail and strong communication skills. Website experience needed.
Pay will be commensurate with previous experience.
All responses will be kept confidential.
Send resume to: [email protected]
John Royer 1480 Dublin Rd. – Columbus Oh. 43215
Opportunity available to join the team at Darby Dan Farm as a Yearling Foreman. We are looking for an energetic individual with excellent horsemanship and leadership skills. Position will include caring for yearlings, layups and occasional quarantine horses while assisting with supervision of department staff. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work well with people of varying backgrounds in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, candidates will be expected to track, record and administer medications, apply bandages and coordinate exercise programs and routines.
Applicants should have 3 to 5 years’ experience working with young Thoroughbreds. This full-time position is 6 days per week and will be supervised by the Yearling and Farm Managers. Candidates need to be able to operate a tractor and have a valid driver’s license. Bilingual language skills are a plus however not required. Pay will be commensurate with experience. Benefit package to include health insurance, vacation and 401k.
Interested individuals should apply by sending cover letter and resume to [email protected] or fax to 859-281-6612. All responses will be kept confidential.
PART TIME OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
We have an exciting job opportunity for a Part Time Office Administrator based in the heart of the Ocala Thoroughbred racing industry. We are a new business and our office administrator will be a key and valued team player involved at the start. The ideal candidate will be confident, professional and dependable.
We offer a competitive salary and long-term position for the right candidate. Established administration and office experience are a must.
Key Duties / Skills
• Help set up office processes and company policies
• Maintain and update all client/horse documentation
• Bookkeeping, invoices and payments
• 2+ years of administration and bookkeeping experience
• Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
For more information, please email [email protected]
Join the Stronach Group Veterinarian Team at Golden Gate Fields
The Stronach Group (TSG) is hiring an Association Veterinarian to work with the Regulatory and Association Veterinarian teams at Golden Gate to perform pre-race examinations, observe official works, and assist in the management of the CHRB Veterinarian’s List for horses at Golden Gate Fields.
This position is paid per diem. The typical schedule is 6:00 am through 11:00 am, Thursday through Sunday, and may include holiday Mondays as required.
Racetrack experience is preferred, but not required. Training is provided and ongoing support from the GGF veterinarian team is available.
Association Veterinarian Duties:
• Pre-race examinations, including evaluation of lameness, observation of the horse at a jog, physical examination and data entry of findings.
• Following process to work horses of the California Horse Racing Board Veterinarian’s List, including pre- and post-work exams, monitoring the horse during the work and post-work sample collection.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited US college required.
• California Veterinary Medical Board License or ability to become licensed.
• California Horse Racing Board License or ability to become licensed.
• Demonstrated expertise in making sound and valid decisions in high pressure situations.
• Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Membership in the AAEP preferred.
• Minimum 3 years as a veterinarian preferred.
For more information or to apply, contact Casille Batten, DVM at [email protected]