TDN Editorial Department
The Thoroughbred Daily News is seeking a motivated, hard-working team player for an entry-level position in its editorial department.
Be part of a growing multi-media company where you will have the opportunity to participate in every facet of our products, from writing to video to podcasts.
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of and interest in horse racing, solid writing skills, a degree in journalism or a related field, and will work out of our offices in Red Bank, New Jersey.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] and cc [email protected]
Elkhorn Springs Farm, a new, small farm outside Midway, Kentucky, is seeking an experienced Broodmare Manager.
- 3-5 years experience preferred
- Salaried position
- Housing provided
- Brand new facility
To apply, please send resume with to: [email protected]
Assistant Farm Manager
A mid-size horse farm in Lexington, KY is seeking a working assistant farm manager that can lead by example with the following tasks:
- Caring for and managing broodmares, foals, yearlings, and layup horses
- Ability to assist with foaling
- Sale prepping
- Maintaining supplies and equipment
- Herd health
- Managing employees/tasks/schedules
- Ability to drive truck and horse trailer
- Mowing and weedeating
- Farm repairs
- Assisting with veterinary procedures and layups
- Full-time (outside employment is prohibited)
- 6 days a week with alternating skeleton crew on Sundays
- Horse experience: 5 years minimum
- Agricultural background a plus but not necessary
- Driver’s license (Required)
- English/Spanish (Preferred)
Please send resumes to [email protected]
US – WESTERN TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
We are delighted to announce that due to the increased demand for our products, we are currently recruiting a Western States Territory Sales Manager to assist us in meeting this demand.
The suitable candidate will professionally represent our brand and products and be able to communicate the scientific message to potential clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for sales development of the region, ensuring regional sales targets are met, managing existing business to drive further growth whilst at the same time leading new business development. They will be based in the Western Territory and willing & able to travel when required throughout the territory.
- Direct selling to wholesale partners and end users.
- Multi-state territory
- Forecasting, targeted selling, effective territory planning, call management, new business pipeline development, customer relationship management and competitive analysis.
- Attend all relevant trade shows, seminars, conferences in the market to stay up to date on emerging trends and business conditions.
- Identify sales opportunities in the market.
- Compile weekly sales report detailing all relevant data from their markets.
- 3 years’ sales experience – equine industry sales desirable.
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- A clear & concise communicator
- Experience in utilizing a CRM sales tool.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Full clean driving licence.
How to Apply:
For more information on this opportunity or if you would like to apply please forward your CV to the following email address: [email protected].
CALIFORNIA STATE JOB OPPORTUNITY
CA Horse Racing Board Executive Director
Under the general direction of the seven-member Board, the Executive Director plans, organizes and directs the operations of the department; advises, consults, and implements the policies of the Board; oversees the enforcement and licensing activities of the department; oversees and assigns stewards; directs and implements the equine drug testing program; and provides general supervision of the regulation of racing activities throughout California.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY TODAY FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW:
Small Thoroughbred farm in Woodford County, Kentucky off Bluegrass Parkway looking for a Nightwatch Person with Foaling Experience.
- Must be experienced with mares, foals and yearlings
- 12 hour shift (nights)
- Excellent pay/hr. plus benefits
To apply, please send previous work history, experience and references to: [email protected]
Mid-sized farm in Lexington, Kentucky seeking an experienced Yearling Manager.
Must have experience raising and prepping high level yearlings and in general farm maintenance.
- Salary based on experience
- Housing provided
- Extensive sales prep experience a must
To apply, please send resume with references to: [email protected]