Year-Round Thoroughbred Racetrack Superintendent
Farmington, New York
We're searching for an experienced Thoroughbred Racetrack Superintendent to lead our year-round maintenance team at Finger Lakes Gaming in beautiful Farmington, New York.
Benefits of joining our team include:
Live and work in the Finger Lakes region of New York with great schools and great cost of living.
We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k matching, paid time off, employee discounts, and more!
Apply Now! https://dn.careers/TBDN
REGULATORY VETERINARIAN – THOROUGHBRED RACETRACK
The West Virginia Racing Commission is seeking a Regulatory Veterinarian.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, pre-race exams, working horses off vets list and aiding during live race cards.
Location: Mountaineer Park
To view job qualifications and requirements please visit:
To apply, please submit resumes to:
Joe Moore, Executive Director, WV Racing Commission,
900 Pennsylvania Ave Suite 533,
Charleston, WV 25302
or email: [email protected].
Deadline for submission is March 19, 2021.
The West Virginia Racing Commission is seeking a Racing Steward
Location: Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races in Charles Town, WV.
Responsibilities include enforcing the rules and regulations of thoroughbred racing.
Applicants must be ROAP accredited. Previous applicants must reapply to be considered.
Please send resumes to: [email protected]
or mail to:
900 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 533,
Charleston WV 25302
Attn: Joe Moore
Resumes are to be received no later than Friday March 26, 2021.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND DONOR RELATIONS
Full-time position located in Lexington, KY (cannot be done remotely)
The Director of Development and Donor Relations is responsible for implementing New Vocations donor development and fundraising strategic plan. Duties include planning and organizing all of the program's fundraising initiatives including, cultivating major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns.
• The ability to passionately represent New Vocations' mission and build strong relationships with its donors
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possess strong administrative and organizational skills
• Experience working with CRMs and data entry
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 3 years working in professional fundraising
Interested individuals should send their resume to [email protected]
Small Bourbon County farm seeking an employee to assist and to help manage in all aspects of the breeding operation, including working with the horses, some mowing, and farm maintenance.
Prior experience working with Thoroughbreds is required.
Must be able to communicate with vets, farriers, and administer appropriate medications.
Daily evaluations assessing soundness and confirmation.
Must have a positive attitude with a strong work ethic, and be a self-starter.
Pleasant work environment.
Pay is competitive and based on prior experience. Benefits include health insurance, with dental and vision being optional. 401k plan available with company matching.
If interested, please send resume or relevant work experience to [email protected].
Join The Stronach Group Veterinarian Team as an Association Veterinarian at Golden Gate Fields!
This is an opportunity to work with the association and regulatory veterinarian teams at Golden Gate to promote horse safety and welfare.
The Association Veterinarian will work with the veterinarian teams at Golden Gate to ensure equine safety during racing and training, perform pre-race examinations, observe official works, and assist in the management of the CHRB Veterinarian's List for horses.
This position offers a competitive salary with a five-day work week.
Racetrack experience is preferred, but not required. Training is provided and ongoing support from the GGF veterinarian team is available.
Association Veterinarian Duties
· Pre-race examinations, including evaluation of lameness, observation of the horse at a jog, physical examination and data entry of findings.
· Following process to work horses of the California Horse Racing Board Veterinarian's List, including pre- and post-work exams, monitoring the horse during the work and post-work sample collection.
· Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited US college required.
· California Veterinary Medical Board License or ability to become licensed.
· California Horse Racing Board License or ability to become licensed.
· Membership in the AAEP preferred.
· Minimum 3 years as a veterinarian.
· Racetrack experience preferred but not required; training will be provided.
· Demonstrated expertise in making sound and valid decisions in high pressure situations.
· Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
· Strong written and oral communication skills required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registration: Requires a Professional (PMW) Occupational License.
For more information or to apply, contact Casille Batten, DVM at [email protected]
ASSISTANT BROODMARE MANAGER
Denali Stud is hiring an Assistant Broodmare Manager:
• Recording daily billing information in Horse Farm Management System
• Strong communication between vets, farriers, managers, CFO, and Equine Operations
• Must talk with Broodmare Manager and Farm Manager throughout the day to gain and relay information
• Organize and update farm staff every day around vets, farriers, shows
• Ensure all medications are administered and distributed every day
• Be able to think clearly and quickly during emergencies
• Have a strong ability to delegate during emergencies
• Monitor and enforce workplace safety protocols to cultivate and maintain a safe working environment
• Placing purchase orders and tracking inventory for main farm weekly for both medications and tack
• Reviewing and managing Weekly Payroll Report
• Surgical bandage changes
• Maintaining detailed health records on mares and foals
• Diligent in identifying health issues (lameness, colic, etc.)
• Organize and maintain schedule for all vaccination and deworming for mares and foals
• Ensure biosecurity protocols are in place for foaling mares, sick horses, and clinic patients
• Organize all vet work aside from reproductive work
• Organize all barns for daily schedules
• Ability to change course if the day is not going as planned but still get daily tasks done
• Strong communication between farm and office
• Daily foal and weanling evaluations assessing soundness and conformation
• Organize and track monthly weight and height measurements of foals
• Assist in matings with G1 Goldmine
• Mentoring and teaching KEMIs and other students working on the farm each season
• Inspecting horses at sales with Farm Manager Gary Bush
Candidate must exhibit a positive attitude, be a team player, and have a great work ethic. Ability to be self-sufficient, work independently, and be reliable. Benefits included and pay based on experience.
Please email your resume, cover letter and references to [email protected] for consideration.
SALES & MARKETING POSITION
Margaux Farm has an immediate opening for a sales and marketing person to join our growing and enthusiastic team. As a full-service Thoroughbred farm, Margaux offers foaling, starting and training, and rehab and freshening to meet virtually every owner's needs. The right candidate will have the following skills and experience to successfully contribute to the farm's needs:
- Previous selling experience in the Kentucky thoroughbred industry dealing with owners, trainers and bloodstock agents
- Client liaison: Maintaining ongoing communications, arrangement of visits and horse shows
- Social media knowledge on all platforms
- Website management and brand development
- Design creativity and photography skills
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please send applications to the attention of Richard Budge, General Manager by email to [email protected] or by mail to Margaux Farm, PO Box 4220, Midway, KY 40347.
The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) seeks an Examining Veterinarian to join its team.
Working with the NYRA team, the Regulatory Veterinarian will be required to perform any of the daily operations carried out by the NYRA Veterinary department, namely: Lasix administration, pre-race exams, out of competition testing and blood-gas sampling as well as on track emergency response.
The qualified candidate should hold a DVM or VMD, have a New York State Veterinary license (or the ability to become licensed) and have at least 3 years of equine experience. This position requires being on site at all three NYRA racetracks: Belmont Park, Aqueduct Racetrack and Saratoga Race Course. A housing stipend is provided to relocate to Saratoga. In addition, the Examining Veterinarian will work a racing schedule which includes weekends and some holidays.
NYRA offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
To apply please email resume to [email protected].
NYRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.