THOROUGHBRED RACETRACK SALES SPECIALIST
If you have the following attributes, then we may have the position for you!
- Enjoy spending your mornings at Thoroughbred Racetracks
- Professional and organized
- Detail oriented, with strong communication skills
- Motivated by travel and variety in the workplace
- Love to see horses thrive!
- Strong closing skills
Join our fast-growing company with great support and excellent benefits. We are looking for a highly professional candidate who is comfortable on the backstretch and respected by trainers nationwide.
Please submit resumes to [email protected]
WORK WITH MARES, FOALS, WEANLINGS, AND YEARLINGS
FULL OR PART TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Full Time Barn Foreman
A person who has a passion for horses to be a team player on a small Thoroughbred Farm in Lexington, KY. The person should be highly motivated, dependable, work well with others, and willing to work and learn.
Assist with the daily barn activities with other employees, getting horses in and out, general care of the horse, assist in veterinary work, giving medications, and help with stall cleaning. Have the ability to work closely with manager, veterinarian, and farrier with routine procedures, vaccinations, treatments, medications, and recordkeeping.
Part Time Barn Work
Part time barn work is needed as well working with mares, foals, weanling and yearlings. Daily routine of getting horses in and out, general care of horses, and barn work. Hours can be flexible depending on schedule.
Please send resumes to [email protected]
NO TELEPHONE CALLS ACCEPTED
PART-TIME ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND BILLING SPECIALIST
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Opportunity to participate in the 401(k) plan.
We are currently hiring a part-time Accounts Receivable and Billing Specialist position with a mid-size company located in Lexington, Kentucky.
As a vital member of the Accounting team, your responsibilities will include the following:
• Data entry of collected payments.
• Work with the Accounting team with periodic billing to customers.
• Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
• Performing certain month-end reconciliations
• Perform follow-up calls on past due accounts.
• Responsible for certain administrative office responsibilities.
Experience in data entry, Microsoft Word and Excel is helpful.
This position allows for flexible scheduling with a 20 to 25 hour work week. In addition, you will have your own office.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
EASTERN US TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
Are you passionate about the equestrian industry? Would you like to play key part in an exciting and growing equine company?
We are delighted to announce that due to the increased demand for our products, we are currently recruiting an Eastern States Territory Sales Manager to assist us in meeting this demand.
The suitable candidate will professionally represent our brand and products and be able to communicate the scientific message to potential clients and will be responsible for sales development of the region, ensuring regional sales targets are met, managing existing business to drive further growth whilst at the same time leading new business development.
- Direct selling to wholesale partners and end users.
- Multi-state territory
- Forecasting, targeted selling, effective territory planning, call management, new business pipeline development, customer relationship management and competitive analysis.
- Attend all relevant trade shows, seminars, conferences in the market to stay up to date on emerging trends and business conditions.
- Identify sales opportunities in the market.
- Compile weekly sales report detailing all relevant data from their markets.
- Passion for the equestrian industry.
- 3 years sales experience – equine industry sales desirable.
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- A clear & concise communicator.
- Experience in utilizing a CRM sales tool.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Opportunity to be a part of our business that will significantly grow in the years ahead thus offering plenty of development opportunity within our team.
- Continuous professional development.
- Opportunity to network with large account head offices.
How to Apply:
For more information on this opportunity or if you would like to apply please forward your CV to the following email address: [email protected].
Client Relations Administrator
The Client Relations Administrator is responsible for engaging and communicating with our customers. The ideal candidate is a highly organized team player, equally passionate about horses and client service who enjoys developing meaningful relationships and working within a dynamic team environment.
- Assist, prepare, and edit client communications
- Create and organize client content e.g., written reports, photos, and videos
- Create and organize marketing and related content, including website updates, blogs, etc.
- Record horse arrivals and departures
- Prepare lists for blacksmith, vaccinations, and other routine procedures
- Monitor and oversee health tablet check-in from farm employees
- Complete appropriate nominations
- Assist with review of monthly billing
- Assist with auction recruitment
- Manage and help administrate sales consignment
- Various sale related responsibilities
- Background in the thoroughbred industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, process oriented
- Strong sense of developing collaborative relationships
- Comfort with social media, website tools, photo & video editing
- Microsoft 365 and Horse Farm Manager preferred
- Full time position
- Compensation will be in line with experience and similar roles
- Please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
BREEDING AND RACING SECRETARY
Juddmonte is seeking an experienced Breeding and Racing Secretary for their Kentucky office. Applicant must be qualified, have experience working in racing and breeding administration, be a supportive team player, and have a keen interest in these areas.
Applicants should submit resumes along with a cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
PRE-EXPORT QUARANTINE MANAGER
Location: Lexington, KY area
Who We Are
International Racehorse Transport is the global leader in international horse transport. We believe in providing first class service. We specialize in the movement of horses worldwide from our various global locations.
The PEQ Manager coordinates pre-export quarantine of horses being exporting to Australia and New Zealand.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Daily horse husbandry functions for the care of horses that are in IRT quarantine, including breeding stallions annually.
- Ensure that USA, Australia and New Zealand Department of Agriculture requirements for preparation and maintenance of the quarantine facility are met.
- Liaison with USDA officials.
- Coordinate veterinarians, farriers, and road transport companies as required.
- Manage quarantine process from start to finish, including ordering and maintaining levels of feed and other supplies.
- Oversee a team of stable staff during the compound period.
- Accompany horses as a flying horse attendant to and from Australia and New Zealand.
- Assist with post arrival quarantine in Australia and New Zealand
- US Jockey Club Registration photos & ID's
- Assist Operations Manager with tasks in relation to incoming and outgoing consignments
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised and experienced individual with a background as a horseman/horsewoman and quarantine/farm management.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Strong IT and administration skills – knowledge of word and excel essential.
- The ability to work under pressure and multitask.
- Possess strong attention to detail with excellent communication skills.
The successful applicant will also need to possess a valid drivers license and passport.
For more information on IRT please visit www.irt.com
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to [email protected]
Applications close June 24, 2021 suitable candidates may be contacted prior to this closing date.
The successful applicant will need to pass a criminal background check to be approved for an Australian VISA. Staff may also be subject to drug and alcohol testing. This PEQ Manager Role will include a vehicle and house (including utilities) as part of the annual package.