DON ALBERTO CORPORATION – YEARLING MANAGER
Don Alberto Corporation has an immediate opportunity available for a highly motivated and well-organized Yearling Manager.
The Yearling Manager position at Don Alberto Corporation is a full-time opportunity complete with a competitive salary and full benefits package including on-farm residence in Lexington, KY.
For additional information or consideration, please contact [email protected]
NIGHT FOALING OPERATIVE
The successful candidate should be available to rotate over two weeks. Three nights on week one, and four nights on week two, over a seven-day week, January to June 2019.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Should be competent with sole responsibility for attending mares prior to and during foaling and also be prepared to Team lead
• Be experienced in the monitoring and post natal care of Mares and Foals
• They should be confident, knowledgeable and skilled in the correction of Dystocia and dealing with potential health problems of Mares and Foals throughout the night
• Be knowledgeable as to the requirement for Veterinary support during or after foaling
• Be prepared to instruct / supervise our students participating in our Thoroughbred Breeding Course
• Have the administration skills necessary to prepare reports
Remuneration will be discussed at interview. If you are interested please forward your CV to Orla Hennelly or e-mail [email protected] before close of business on Friday 19th October 2018
Gainesway Farm is in need of an energetic person to fill a NIGHTWATCH POSITION.
Must have practical knowledge of horses.
Good salary and benefits.
Foaling experience would also be beneficial for the 2019 season.
Apply in person between 9 am to 4 pm
• 3750 Paris Pike, Lexington, KY •
Stud Groom/Assistant Manager
-Young enthusiastic person with experience in the care of broodmares and preparation of their stock for yearling and foal sales.
-This person will be involved in the day to day running of a private stud farm and have a brilliant opportunity to work with a quality broodmare band whose produce are sold at Tattersalls and Goffs sales.
-Applicant must be able to work as a barn leader both on the farm and with the consignment at the sales yards.
-Suitable candidate will receive an excellent salary and a house on the farm.
-Applications with references and C.V. to [email protected]
Roundhill Stud, Patrickswell, Co Limerick, Ireland
Barn foreman needed for medium-size farm near Midway, KY.
- Must have experience with mares and foals
- Competitive pay
Reply with references to: [email protected]
EQUINE OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
The person chosen will be responsible for managerial duties to support day to day operation of the farm with farm managers and financial officer. Preferable to have previous experience in Jockey Club Horse Farm Management and farm administration. The ideal candidate will be organized, reliable, and have excellent communication skills.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Organizing Breeding Contracts
- Booking Mares
- Monthly billing
- Client Communication
- Coordinating Daily Farm Operations
Please send all resumes with references to [email protected] or apply in person at Denali Stud Office – 1700 Georgetown Rd. Paris, KY 40361
Executive Director – North Dakota Racing Commission
The North Dakota Racing Commission (NDRC), governed by a five-member commission, is seeking an Executive Director in Bismarck, ND to lead and oversee daily business operations, licensure, enforcement of rules and regulations, account deposit wagering activities, and the administration of special funds for the benefit of the horse racing industry in North Dakota.
Hiring Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000 annually; with a full range of employee benefits including a fully paid family health insurance plan, paid annual and sick leave, 10 paid holidays, and a generous retirement plan.
Summary of Work:
The responsibilities of the Executive Director role include:
- Operational oversight of the regulated community
- Coordination of goals and activities with industry stakeholders
- Manage staff and provide direction regarding operations and programs
- New project and program development and oversight
- Develop and implement new policy, regulations and legislation
- Financial planning and oversight of state racing funds
- Oversight of internal commission operations and tax reporting/collections
- Development and management of Commission budget including legislative approval
- Plan and support regular Commission meetings
- Regular contact with commissioners, legislature, industry members, public, and press
- Presentation and testimony before legislature
Requires a bachelor’s degree and two years of work experience in the horse racing industry. A master’s degree or law degree may substitute for the work experience. Strong leadership skills and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an equine or racing industry program
- Law degree
- Extensive work experience with account deposit wagering, historic racing, budgeting, staff management, the legislative process, and boards or associations
Applicants must complete an online application via the State of ND Careers site: www.nd.gov/omb/jobs and upload a cover letter, resume, references, and college transcript (official or unofficial) by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date of November 2, 2018. The cover letter must include a description of how the applicant meets the minimum and preferred qualifications.
Applicants who are residents of ND and eligible to claim veteran’s preference must upload Form DD214 showing “character of service.” Claims for disabled veteran’s preference must also upload a current statement of disabled status from the Veteran’s Affairs Office that is less than one year old.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The ND Racing Commission does not provide sponsorships. The successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
For more information about the position, or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process, contact Hope Wedul at 701-328-3357.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the Application Process or uploading attachments, please contact [email protected] or (701)328-3290.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Thoroughbred Charities of America is seeking a full-time development manager. Primary duties to include strategic donor cultivation and management. Strong organizational and computer skills including proficiency with donor management software. Minimum three years of nonprofit experience required.
Email cover letter and resume to Erin Crady at [email protected].
Newgate is in search of a dynamic person to take on a leadership position in our Bloodstock and Sales Team. The role has one clear objective, to craft successful stud careers for the stallions on our Newgate roster. This is a sales based position including stallion syndication, stallion nominations & public and private bloodstock sales with a holistic view to attracting the highest quality mares to our young stallions, and then ensuring their progeny reach the best possible homes for their racing careers. The successful applicant is someone who:
• Has a good all round knowledge of the thoroughbred industry
• Possesses excellent communication skills
• Is prepared to work hard in a team of likeminded people
• Is genuine and acts with integrity
• Relishes other peoples’ success
If you are looking for personal and professional growth and want to be a part of one of the most progressive organizations in the global Thoroughbred industry, please send your CV with cover letter to [email protected] by Friday, October 12th. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
At the TDN, we’re always looking for well-written, hard-working, dedicated people who love the industry to join our growing staff. Specific opportunities, when they exist, are listed here.
If you’d like to send us your resume and a cover letter, please email [email protected] and let us know why you’d be a perfect member of our team.