NEW VOCATIONS: TRAINER & FACILITY DIRECTOR
New Vocations is seeking a Trainer and Facility Director for their Lexington location.
The Facility Director and Trainer is responsible for running and overseeing the operations at New Vocations’ Mereworth Facility including both the rehabilitation and training barns. The position manages all barn staff and interns ensuring that the day-to-day care and training of the horses as well as facility maintenance is held to a high standard. The director is responsible for ensuring each horse is properly rehabilitated, receives transitional training and ultimately is adopted in to a suitable home.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience managing an equestrian training or Thoroughbred boarding facility. Experience with multiple equestrian disciplines, racetrack experience is a bonus.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally at all times with staff, coworkers, donors and adopters.
- Extensive experience in horse care including rehabilitation of a variety of injuries. Knowledge of common race related injuries and the ability to create a proper rehabilitation plan.
- Strong riding skills and experience in working with green horses, preferably Thoroughbreds.
Contact Anna Ford for more information at [email protected]
The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) is operating a Racecourse at Conghua in Guangdong Province, South China, which was officially opened in August 2018. The Conghua Racecourse (CRC) is a major strategic project of HKJC as a cross-border home of HKJC’s stabling, training and racing facilities to support Hong Kong racing operations. It is a 150 plus hectare horse training facility designed to accommodate more than 650 horses from Hong Kong. By transferring horses to CRC for training, it enables HKJC to upgrade training facilities to maintain world-class standard so as to meet the growing demand for horse ownership in Hong Kong.
Expert Work Rider (China)
- Be highly experienced rider of thoroughbred racehorses
- Possess high ability in riding thoroughbred racehorses at slow work or fast gallop ‘to time’ or uphill gallop as requested by the allocated Trainer(s) or his delegate
- Attend stall test/barrier trial when required
- Give timely and accurate feedback/ advice to the allocated Trainer (s) or delegate in riding/ schooling and educating difficult / young thoroughbred racehorses
- Have experience and ability to assist the starting gate team during barrier trials, barrier practice and race day/racing related event duties
- Attend and/ or assist other departments for race day/racing related events as assigned by the department
- Undertake other duties as assigned by Manager when necessary
- Be based in Conghua district of Guangzhou City, China
- Have a minimum of 5 years working experience in riding thoroughbred racehorses
- Preferably be an ex-licensed jockey
- Preferably have Asian/Mainland China working experience
- Be able to jump a horse out of the starting gate and recognise signs of lame horse, deemed to have “bled” or striking itself
- Be able to fit a bridle, saddle, martingale, breastplate, boots and other gears under the instructions from his/her allocated Trainer(s) and or delegate
- Be able to communicate in English
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the CRC and the individual.
How to apply
Please send your resume providing data about your education, professional qualifications, work experience (with reference letters) as well as your height/current weight and expected salary to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: +852 2966 6984
Mail: 8/F, Human Resources Department, Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, New Territories, Hong Kong
Erdenheim Farm seeks to hire Grooms for Thoroughbred operation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Daily care for horses
- Routine barn, paddock, and field maintenance
- Handling of mares, foals, and yearlings
- Lift and handle bales of hay and bags of feed
- Clean driving record
- Successfully pass background check
- Works well in team environment
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Apply to [email protected]
Lane’s End Farm is hiring an Executive Assistant to support senior management.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, health insurance, 401k plan and paid vacation.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Scheduling of appointments and managing calendars
• Managing correspondence (emails, phone, and letters) on behalf of supervisor
• Coordinating travel arrangements for supervisor and family
• Coordinating hospitality for clients at Keeneland, Churchill Downs and Breeders’ Cup
• Special projects as assigned
• Two years’ prior experience as an executive assistant
• High school diploma with college degree preferred but not required
• Excellent grammar and communication skills
• Excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Office programs
• Must be flexible, extremely organized and be able to complete tasks independently
Please submit resume and cover letter to Thomas Hyams via email to [email protected]. All submissions will be kept confidential.
France Galop is seeking a Chief Executive for its Owners’ Department in Paris.
Working under the responsibility of the Sales and Marketing Director, the Chief Executive of the Owners’ Department is in charge of the customer experience of all registered owners at France Galop.
He/she will have the following tasks:
Customer loyalty management and organisation of the Owners’ Department network.
- Define the customer-driven strategy and the customer loyalty programmes of the Owners’ Department.
- Supervise the implementation of such strategy at the operational level (hospitality programs, events management, customer service on racecourses, special offers, communication).
- Responsible of the owner’s customer experience.
Conquering new owners and partnership
- Develop and carry out a strategy on the means to conquer news owners, in partnership with all the commercial actors of the Institution, including the FRBC (French Racing and Breeding Committee).
Management of the Owners’ Department
- Define each of the team members’ objectives
- Motivate each team member to achieve their objectives
- Organise and plan team work
- Control the budget
Profile required :
Training: Higher education in the business, communication or marketing field.
- Excellent knowledge of horseracing and its major actors
- Management of major projects
- Capacity to develop and implement a strategy
- Ability to adapt to different audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills
- Fluent in English/French
- Proficiency in a 3rd language a plus
Workplace: Head office of France Galop, Boulogne (Paris area).
Availability and presence on racecourses at weekends and on Bank holidays.
Employment contract: Permanent contract (French contract: CDI = Contrat à Durée Indéterminée)
Job opening as soon as possible.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter by email: [email protected]
Assistant Equine Manager
Notable central Kentucky farm seeks Assistant Equine Manager to participate in and help oversee all aspects of mare, foal, weanling and yearling care.
Foaling and sales prep experience and ability to drive a gooseneck trailer a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate.
Inquiries to [email protected]
At the TDN, we’re always looking for well-written, hard-working, dedicated people who love the industry to join our growing staff. Specific opportunities, when they exist, are listed here.
If you’d like to send us your resume and a cover letter, please email [email protected] and let us know why you’d be a perfect member of our team.