Immediate opening at Fred Hertrich III’s Watercress Farm in Paris, KY. Responsibilities include breeding 100+ mares a year (including teasing), record keeping, and booking mares. Successful applicant must be hands on, detail oriented with good communication skills. Bilingual a plus. Competitive wage & benefits package.
Email: [email protected]
Join the Stronach Group Veterinarian Team at Golden Gate Fields
The Stronach Group (TSG) Veterinarian Team’s role is to promote horse safety and welfare. The Association Veterinarian will work with the Regulatory and Association Veterinarian teams at Golden Gate to ensure equine safety during racing and training, perform pre-race examinations, observe official works, and assist in the management of the CHRB Veterinarian’s List for horses.
Opportunities are available to join the team in a full-time, salaried role or in a part-time, per diem position.
Racetrack experience is preferred, but not required. Training is provided and ongoing support from the GGF veterinarian team is available.
Association Veterinarian Duties
- Pre-race examinations, including evaluation of lameness, observation of the horse at a jog, physical examination and data entry of findings.
- Following process to work horses of the California Horse Racing Board Veterinarian’s List, including pre- and post-work exams, monitoring the horse during the work and post-work sample collection.
· Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited US college required.
· California Veterinary Medical Board License or ability to become licensed.
· California Horse Racing Board License or ability to become licensed.
· Demonstrated expertise in making sound and valid decisions in high pressure situations.
· Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
· Strong written and oral communication skills required.
· Membership in the AAEP preferred.
· Minimum 3 years as a veterinarian preferred.
For more information or to apply, contact Casille Batten, DVM at [email protected]
Northview Stallion Station is seeking a Broodmare Manager for its Maryland division. Successful candidate will be responsible for foaling, teasing, record keeping, staff management, communicating with clients and veterinarians. Excellent opportunity for the right person.
Please send resume to [email protected] or fax to 410-885-5985.
BUSINESS and RACING OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR for the NATIONAL STEEPLECHASE ASSOCIATION
Location: Fair Hill, Maryland
Job Description: The Business and Racing Office Administrator manages all financial and administrative matters of the NSA, as well as all technical aspects of the racing program.
• Accounts receivable/payable, budget, insurance, banking and tax reporting
• Data input for In-Compass System, NSA system and horsemen’s bookkeeping system
• Production of overnight and program copy
• Maintain statistical data including results, standings and recordkeeping
• Oversee the licensing process for all racing participants
• Maintain the NSA membership roster
• Minimum 4-year college degree or equivalent, with good communication skills
• Strong bookkeeping skills, including in-depth knowledge of QuickBooks
• Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point
• Ability to learn horse racing industry specific software systems quickly, and the ability to enhance existing procedures and systems
• Willingness to look for ways to expand and improve the sport
NSA mission: The National Steeplechase Association is the governance and regulatory body of steeplechase racing in America, and as such is responsible for the creation and enforcement of the Rules of Racing. In addition, the NSA is committed to promoting and growing the sport on a national and international basis.
• Salary $60,000-75,000 (based on education and experience)
• Medical benefits
• Insurance benefits, including life and disability
• 401K contribution
To apply for this position, please send a cover document and a detailed resume to Bill Gallo at [email protected]
FORT CHRISTOPHER’S THOROUGHBREDS – New York Division
We are expanding! We currently have employment opportunities for well-qualified individuals for:
FOAL-WATCH / NIGHT-WATCH POSITION
• Competitive Salaries
• Comfortable Housing Available
• Paid Vacation
• Crew incentive programs, be a part of our growing and scaling opportunities.
• Excellent work and learning environments.
For further information please contact Chris Shelli (518) 858-1790 • Email: [email protected]
FORT CHRISTOPHER’S THOROUGHBREDS 3093 County Route 46 Fort Edward, NY 12828