The NJ Department of Law & Public Safety is searching for an Assistant Director of Racing Operations
Do you have experience in horse racing at public tracks that included supervising subordinate staff?
Then the NJRC is looking for you!!
Assistant Director Racing Operations
Salary: $90,000.00 to $110,000.00
We strongly encourage applicants to submit their cover letter and resume for JVA #22-237 to [email protected]
The New Jersey Racing Commission (NJRC) regulates horse racing, parimutuel wagering, account wagering and exchange wagering in New Jersey and is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the sport. NJRC is a nine-member, bipartisan body appointed by Governor, with a staff of career employees who are charged with conducting the daily functions involving regulation of horse racing, including the permitting and licensing procedures of horse owners, trainers, drivers and veterinarians involved in the sport. Starting in 2018, NJRC also assumed responsibility of overseeing sports wagering that occurs at New Jersey's racetracks.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and/or Deputy Director of the NJ Racing Commission, the Assistant Director will be responsible for:
• oversight of personnel, administration, licensing, pari-mutuel wagering, investigations, veterinary practices, appeals and rule making.
• formulates policy recommendations in order to attain New Jersey Racing Commission (“NJRC”) goals and objectives;
• monitors, oversees and ensures compliance with operational procedures and regulatory requirements;
• makes recommendations regarding organizational development and needs assessments;
• performs other related duties as required.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree. Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience as indicated on a year for year basis.
• Five (5) years of experience in horse racing operations of public tracks.
• Two (2) years of the above experience shall have been in a supervisory capacity.
Additional important notes:
• Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey.
• Travel between Oceanport, Freehold, and East Rutherford Racetracks required for work responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY: If qualified, please send a cover letter indicating interest in JVA #22-237 NJRC Assistant Director and a current resume on or before the closing date of June 3, 2022 to [email protected]
The State of New Jersey is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Listed: May 6, 2022
SENIOR ROLES WITH GODOLPHIN JAPAN
Godolphin Japan operates breeding and pre-training farms in the Hidaka area of the island of Hokkaido and on the main island of Honshu. Our horses compete primarily on the elite and lucrative JRA circuit, with races held every weekend all year round.
As part of the plan to expand our racing operation, we are looking for people to
fill a number of senior roles at our pre-training farms.
Applicants should have excellent horse skills and, ideally, have held a trainer's license or had extensive experience as an assistant trainer or head lad.
Successful candidates will be expected to lead and develop our multinational
team of employees.
We offer an attractive remuneration package to reflect experience, including accommodation and annual flights.
Please contact [email protected] to apply.
Listed: May 6, 2022
Join the TDN Team!
The Role: Social Media Manager
The Location: Work From Home in Lexington, Kentucky (or surrounding area)
We are looking for a dedicated and creative Social Media Manager to join our team. As Social Media Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing TDN's social strategy.
• Oversee all social media accounts and create new ones.
• Generate and share engaging content.
• Collaborate with other teams, including advertising and editorial, to maintain the brand's image.
• Engage with our enthusiastic and growing social following, and provide data and insights from your experience to further develop our brand and social strategies
• Report and communicate regularly to senior management.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest social media best practices and technologies.
• Proven work experience in social media (2+ years preferably).
• In-depth knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, and any additional channels we may launch in the future.
• Enthusiasm for and strong knowledge of Thoroughbred racing
• An entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy being in a fast-paced, agile, innovative environment.
• A passionate team player–someone who identifies challenges, opportunities and creates solutions.
• Acute attention to detail, a positive attitude, and excellent communication skills.
• A passion for engagement and a customer-centric mindset.
• First-class copywriting skills.
• Willingness to work nontraditional hours at times.
Remuneration will be based on experience. Medical benefits provided.
Applications should be sent with a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] by Monday, May 9, 2022. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Listed: April 29, 2022
Join the TDN Team!
Advertising/Graphic Design Assistant (full-time)
• Working closely with top industry clients and ad agencies
• Maintaining daily and monthly advertising schedules
• Monitoring race results and sales results for potential advertising opportunities
• Designing ads
The ideal candidate has:
• Graphic Design and Photoshop experience
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
• Enthusiasm for and knowledge of Thoroughbred racing
• Excellent customer service, communication skills, and phone manner
• Willingness to work non-traditional and flexible hours, including weekends
• Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
Work remotely from home. Position offers competitive salary and medical benefits
Please e-mail resume and cover letter telling us why you're perfect for the job to: [email protected]
Listed: April 29, 2022
EXPERIENCE & MARKETING COORDINATOR
Marketing + Social Media + Photography + Tourism + Shop
We're looking for an energetic leader to become a new force on our award-winning team, for one of the game's most iconic and growing brands.
Contact [email protected]
Listed: April 28, 2022
BECOME PART OF THE STORY
In recent years, top-class racehorses such as Sword of State, Exceedance, Profiteer, Queen of the Ball, and Shadow Hero have been foaled at Newgate. Join our experienced team to begin the story of the next future champion.
Newgate are recruiting a full-time night-watch person for the 2022 breeding season. The ideal candidate will have adequate foaling experience, the ability to work independently and on their own initiative.
Newgate will assist with all visa, accommodation and travel needs.
To learn more about the role or apply, please send your CV to [email protected] or [email protected]
Listed: April 27, 2022
Director of Stud Operations
Job Title: Director of Stud Operations
Based at: The National Stud, Newmarket
Contract Type: Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Director of Stud Operations to join the leadership team at The National Stud. This is a pivotal leadership role overseeing the efficient running of day-to-day stud operations, proactively maintaining and developing client relationships & role modelling exceptional people management.
The Director of Stud Operations will lead and grow the stallion roster, the sales consignment business and seasonal boarding. The role will develop a positive and thriving working environment embedding the culture, vison and mission for The National Stud and maintaining the highest standards of people & equine welfare.
The successful candidate in this role will be a proven people manager and an excellent communicator with a record of leading teams to achieve business goals.
You will have extensive experience of handling horses and a broad network established from a career in the thoroughbred industry (including stallion management, foaling, sales preparation and business development).
The National Stud has been an integral part of the British Thoroughbred industry for over 100 years. Alongside our breeding services we also offer a comprehensive education programme for stud staff and public tours through our partner Discover Newmarket.
Our objectives are simple:
• To provide a first class range of services to international and domestic thoroughbred breeders
• To provide a full range of education opportunities for those wishing to work or working in the industry
• Raise interest and knowledge in the thoroughbred industry with our public tours
Sound like the next step in your career? We would really like to hear from you – Please follow the link to apply. https://careers.thejockeyclub.co.uk/
Listed: April 22, 2022
OFFICE AND INTAKE MANAGER
This position is responsible for day-to-day office management at New Vocations main location in Lexington, KY. It also manages and keeps current records on all Thoroughbreds in the program, which consists of 6 facilities. It requires good customer service for all inquiries that come to the office including donors, adopters and the general public as it is often the first entry point of communication to the program.
-Must be organized, detail oriented and comfortable with database programs and other computer programs
-Have a good understanding of the racing industry and veterinarian reports
-Able to interact with the public, adopters and potential donors in a professional manner
-3 years' experience managing a small office or similar administrative duties
Interested individuals should send their resume to: [email protected]
Listed: April 21, 2022