Join the Stronach Group Veterinarian Team at Golden Gate Fields
The Stronach Group (TSG) is hiring an Association Veterinarian to work with the Regulatory and Association Veterinarian teams at Golden Gate to perform pre-race examinations, observe official works, and assist in the management of the CHRB Veterinarian’s List for horses at Golden Gate Fields.
This position is paid per diem. The typical schedule is 6:00 am through 11:00 am, Thursday through Sunday, and may include holiday Mondays as required.
Racetrack experience is preferred, but not required. Training is provided and ongoing support from the GGF veterinarian team is available.
Association Veterinarian Duties:
• Pre-race examinations, including evaluation of lameness, observation of the horse at a jog, physical examination and data entry of findings.
• Following process to work horses of the California Horse Racing Board Veterinarian’s List, including pre- and post-work exams, monitoring the horse during the work and post-work sample collection.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited US college required.
• California Veterinary Medical Board License or ability to become licensed.
• California Horse Racing Board License or ability to become licensed.
• Demonstrated expertise in making sound and valid decisions in high pressure situations.
• Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Membership in the AAEP preferred.
• Minimum 3 years as a veterinarian preferred.
For more information or to apply, contact Casille Batten, DVM at [email protected]
A SIX-MONTH OPPORTUNITY TO EXPERIENCE AUSTRALIA!
Newgate Farm offers a great opportunity for a truly Australian thoroughbred breeding and sales experience from August 2020 through January 2021. One of Australasia’s leading breeding operations based in Aberdeen NSW, Newgate is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Stallion Team for the upcoming breeding season, followed by yearling preparation and attendance of the major Magic Millions yearling sale on the Gold Coast in January 2021 . The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with an exciting roster of young stallions, including multiple Group 1 winner Russian Revolution, Golden Slipper winner Capitalist and emerging sire Deep Field, as well as some of Australia’s best bred and raised yearlings who are targeted at the Magic Millions.
Initially reporting to the stallion manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for and not limited to the day to handling and care of the farm’s resident stallions and serving barn activities.
The successful applicant must be an experienced stallion handler and have:
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to liaise with specialists such as veterinarians and farriers
A competitive remuneration package including accommodation and a lifestyle friendly roster will be offered to the successful applicant.
Applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Application and enquiries to [email protected]