Full-Time Employment Opportunities
Lane’s End Farm is hiring qualified grooms to work in our Broodmare and Yearling divisions. Seeking motivated individuals who wish to expand their knowledge of equine care working at a leading Thoroughbred farm. Duties include feeding, grooming, turn out, stall maintenance, and related responsibilities.
Lane’s End offers:
- Competitive salaries (weekly pay periods)
- Paid health insurance after 90 days (for Single or Family)
- Paid vacation and sick time accruing and available from start date
- Excellent work and learning environment at the farm and with Lane’s End sale consignments
Contact Meaghan at: [email protected] with inquiries
Mid-size farm in Lexington, Kentucky seeking an experienced Yearling Foreman. Must have experience raising and prepping high level yearlings and in general farm maintenance.
To apply, please send resume with references to: [email protected]
SALES PREP GROOMS
Three Chimneys Farm is seeking qualified grooms to work with Thoroughbred yearlings being prepared for public auction.
This job focuses on feed, care and exercise programs designed to optimize yearling condition for the Keeneland September Yearling Sale. Duties include but are not limited to stall cleaning, turn out, feeding, medicating, grooming, bathing, exercising, assisting with farrier and veterinary care, etc.
Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience with Thoroughbred yearlings or horses in training.
Resume and references can be submitted to Three Chimneys at [email protected]
Sales Administration Manager
Taylor Made Sales Agency, Inc. is looking to add a hands-on and driven Sales Administration Manager to our team.
- Manages a team of 3-5 team members
- Leads the administrative team to ensure a great customer experience throughout the entire sales process
- Oversees the generation of sales contracts and all paperwork pertaining to each auction
- 2 years of Management Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Horse Industry Knowledge Strongly Preferred
- Strong Leadership and People Skills
- Strong Computer and Technology Skills
To apply, send resumes to [email protected]
Broodmare Manager wanted for large operation in Lexington.
- General herd health of all broodmares and foals, all done in conjunction with farm manager, such as assisting with foalings.
- Communicating with vet and office staff on daily basis.
- Need to be able to work off tablet.
- Scheduling vaccinations, worming, farrier, and keeping proper records.
- Bilingual a plus but not required.
- Ability to relate to staff.
- Knowledge of quarantines is helpful but not essential.
Housing and benefits. Good job for the right person. Opening is immediate.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
The National Steeplechase Association is seeking an Associate Racing Secretary to assist the Director of Racing in all aspects of the sport’s racing operations and in other endeavors.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A fundamental understanding of Thoroughbred racing. Experience in a racetrack racing office, in racing administration, or both is desirable.
- Educational attainment that would indicate an ability to grasp new concepts quickly and provide leadership within the organization. At least a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills that will permit the successful candidate to communicate meaningfully with all stakeholders in the steeplechase racing community, including horsemen, race-meet officials, and other members of the NSA administration.
- An innovative and open-minded approach to challenges within the jump-racing sport, including an ability to comprehend contrary points of view and react positively to them.
- Strong analytical skills that will allow the successful candidate to assess issues within the racing operation and react creatively to them.
- A problem-solving mentality and an ability to react quickly to unforeseen circumstances.
- Knowledge of computer technology. Proven skills with PC technology and the capability to learn new programs are required.
- A desire to develop new skills. The successful candidate will be expected to attend a steward-training program at company expense and obtain certification as a steward.
- Ability to travel. Weekly travel is required to race meets during the spring and fall seasons and to racetrack locations during the summer.
Salary is commensurate with experience, and company-paid benefits are provided. To apply for this position, please send a cover document and a detailed résumé to the National Steeplechase Association Executive Committee at [email protected].
Dynamic individual to join the Bloodstock Department to assist with the co-ordination and organisation of sales, starting in July 2019.
Successful candidate will be office-based in Newmarket and will report to the Bloodstock Director.
• Good knowledge of the bloodstock and racing industries.
• Able to maintain and develop strong relationships with both established and new clients.
• Willingness to work during weekends and evenings when required.
• Self-motivated but also a team player.
• PC literate with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Full driving licence.
Competitive salary and benefit package offered.
Applications to be made in writing, enclosing a CV and references to:
Tattersalls Ltd, Terrace House, 125 High Street, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 9BT