Arqana Breeze-up Delayed

|

Arqana's Breeze-up Sale could merge with the Summer Sale | Emma Berry

Arqana president Eric Hoyeau has stated that the company is leaving “no stone unturned” in finding a solution to staging its Breeze-up Sale, which should have taken place but on May 8 and 9 but now cannot following a lockdown extension by the French government.

With France remaining under strict constraints until May 11, the Arqana bloodstock team is now in liaison with vendors with regard to rescheduling the sale. The options include holding the breeze-up on its reserve dates of June 2 to 3 or 3 to 4, or merging it with the mixed Summer Sale, which is traditionally held in the first week of July.

“Our endeavour is to offer the best possible working conditions for vendors and buyers despite the unprecedented level of uncertainty we are all confronted with,” Hoyeau said.

“The early June slot remains an option for our Breeze-up, however there is a risk that hotels and restaurants in Deauville might still be closed as well as travelling restrictions to and within Europe remaining in force. Therefore, and depending of how the situation pans out over the next few weeks in France and abroad, we are alternatively considering merging the Breeze-up with the Summer Sale, which would then expand from 29 June to 4 July, or postponing it to a later date in July.”

He continued, “Regardless of the date, we will offer online bidding solutions. We are lucky that we already own an online sale platform, Arqanaonline.com, which we are adapting to the situation. We will also make as much information as possible available remotely to buyers.”

Hoyeau is hopeful that the company's headline auction, the August Yearling Sale, will take place as scheduled on August 15 to 17, followed by the V2 Yearling Sale on August 18, though concedes that the company will remain flexible if further disruption to the sales calendar is required.

He added, “We are very aware of the trying times all industry players are faced with and how fast things are evolving. Should it become necessary, we will adopt a very outside-the-box approach to come up with the best possible date and logistical organisation for our flagship sale. Once again, I would like to extend my deepest compassion and support to all those who are suffering personal or professional hardship. More than ever, we are all living in hope.”

Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up for the daily PDF or alerts.

Exit Box x
X

Never miss another story from the TDN

Click Here to sign up for a free subscription.