The University of Louisville Equine Industry Program (EIP), in conjunction with Horse Racing Nation, released its free Fall 2021 speaker series, which will be held in person this year on the UofL campus. The series includes panel discussions on the “Super Card” trend in racing and growing racing through diversity and inclusion.
The final event in the series will be an interview with Houston business owner, philanthropist and horse owner Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale. The events will be held from 5:30-6:45p.m., and will be broadcast live on the Horse Racing Nation Facebook page.
This year's series features:
Sept. 14 – “Examining Horse Racing's 'Super Card' Trend,” Horn Auditorium – UofL College of Business
- Eric Halstrom – vice president and general manager of racing, Indiana Grand Racetrack & Casino
- Ben Huffman – vice president, racing and racing secretary, Churchill Downs and Keeneland
- Jon Moss – executive director, Iowa HBPA Inc.
Panel moderated by Jude Feld, racing analyst and contributor, Horse Racing Radio Network.
Oct. 12 – “How Racing Can Grow Through Diversity and Inclusion,” UofL Student Activities Center
- Jason Wilson – chief operating officer, 1/ST Content
- Greg Harbut – founder and president, Harbut Bloodstock
- Ron Mack – executive director, Legacy Equine Academy
Panel moderated by Alicia Hughes – digital content editor, TVG/FanDuel.
Nov. 9 – “An Evening with “MATTRESS MACK,” aka Jim McIngvale,” UofL Student Activities Center
The series concludes with an entertaining evening with Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale, known in racing circles for his strong opinions on the sport, horses running medication free and supporting the ecosystem of horse racing by placing wagers at the racetrack instead of advance-deposit wagering accounts.
Tickets are required for the free events. For more information and tickets, contact Kimberly Spear at [email protected] or 502-852-7727.