Throughout two weeks in early August at Saratoga, which included Whitney Weekend and the Fasig-Tipton sales, the Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance (TAA) made a significant impact through multiple avenues, the organization reported in a press release late Thursday.
- NYRA's Community Outreach Booth showcased TAA's efforts and accomplishments.
- Honored with the distinction of having two named races on Aug. 5-6, drawing attention to their vital work.
- Received a $25,000 donation from James and Shari Ough.
- Facilitated a memorable experience for the winners of the VIP package in the Off to the Races VIP Experience Auction, donated by NYRA and the National Racing Hall of Fame.
- Visited various facilities in Saratoga to assess accreditation requirements, ensuring the well-being of retired racehorses.
- Held their annual in-person board meeting, where the board convened to discuss strategies for advancing the organization's goals.
Finally, the TAA issued a special thank you to those within the racing community that came together and made donations in honor of Maple Leaf Mel.