The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame hosts Celebrating Equine Sanctuary: Saratoga's Thoroughbred Aftercare, Saturday, June 18. The free event is presented by the Museum, Therapeutic Horses of Saratoga, Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation and Old Friends at Cabin Creek.
The event will feature numerous activities, including:
- Equine residents from Therapeutic Horses of Saratoga and demonstrations
- A presentation from the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation
- Impressions of Saratoga's Maddy Zanetti will be doing a book reading at 11:30 a.m. with Upset the miniature horse, who will be in attendance all day.
- Renowned equine artist Greg Montgomery, who has been producing artwork associated with Saratoga's Travers S. since 1986, will discuss the inspirations behind the 2022 poster-the 37th edition in the popular series–and sign copies from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Posters will be available for purchase through the Museum's gift shop for $50 each.
- Old Friends at Cabin Creek will be doing a presentation about their mission and organization at 2 p.m.
- The Museum's signature film, What It Takes: Journey to the Hall of Fame, will be presented on the half hour every hour.
- The New York Thoroughbred Breeders will be on hand with a booth to discuss their mission and organization.
- The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame will be offering a children's activity inside the Museum.
- The Saratoga Springs Police Department will be making an appearance with police horse King Tut.
- Meet Max the therapy dog
- A silent auction to benefit the participating organizations