Keeneland has cataloged 4,147 horses for the 79th renewal of the Keeneland September Yearling Sale. The auction, which spans 12 sessions from Sept. 12-24. To view the online catalog, click here. Print catalogs are expected to arrive in the mail around Aug. 20.
“The September Sale is a bellwether event on the annual sales calendar, and we at Keeneland are excited to once again provide a stable and successful marketplace for consignors and buyers,” Keeneland President and CEO Shannon Arvin said. “Last year's September Sale was vibrant from start to finish, resulting in record average and median prices and a record high clearance rate. This year, we look forward to welcoming back more international buyers who haven't been here in a few years due to COVID travel restrictions.”
Similar to the 2021 September Sale, Week 1 of this year's auction will feature Books 1 and 2 during the first four days, and more than 1,100 horses.
“We've been listening to our buyers, both from the U.S. and abroad, and they have expressed a desire that we put forward more horses which are top physicals early on, and so we have emphasized that aspect,” Keeneland Vice President of Sales Tony Lacy said. “Book 1 encompasses more highly graded horses than in recent years, so buyers who come into town for only a short period of time will be able to see a larger percentage of really nice horses.”
- Book 1 – Monday-Tuesday, Sept. 12-13. Sessions begin at 1 p.m. ET. A total of 362 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
- Book 2 – Wednesday-Thursday, Sept. 14-15. Sessions begin at 11 a.m. A total of 751 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
- Dark Day – Friday, Sept. 16. No sale will be conducted
- Week 2
- Book 3 – Saturday-Sunday, Sept. 17-18. Sessions begin at 10 a.m. A total of 828 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
- Book 4 – Monday-Tuesday, Sept. 19-20. Sessions begin at 10 a.m. A total of 822 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
- Book 5 – Wednesday-Thursday, Sept. 21-22. Sessions begin at 10 a.m. A total of 807 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
- Book 6 – Friday-Saturday, Sept. 23-24. Sessions begin at 10 a.m. A total of 577 yearlings are cataloged over the two days.
The September Sale catalog has a total of 2,102 colts, 2,044 fillies and one gelding, including 21 yearlings bred outside North America. Yearlings in the catalog represent 199 established stallions, including American Pharoah, Bated Breath (GB), Candy Ride (Arg), Caravaggio, Constitution, Curlin, Distorted Humor, Flatter, Frankel (GB), Galileo (Ire), Ghostzapper, Gun Runner, Hard Spun, Into Mischief, Kingman (GB) Kitten's Joy, Maclean's Music, Medaglia d'Oro, More Than Ready, Munnings, No Nay Never, Not This Time, Nyquist, Quality Road, Speightstown, Street Sense, Tapit, Twirling Candy, Uncle Mo, Upstart, Violence, War Front and Wootton Bassett (GB).
In addition, a number of young stallions are represented by their first crop of yearlings in the catalog such as GISW Audible, MGSW Catalina Cruiser, MGISW Catholic Boy, MGISW Divisidero, MGSW Enticed, GISW Leofric, champion Mitole, MGISW Omaha Beach, GISW Preservationist, champion Vino Rosso and MGISW World of Trouble.
The entire September Sale will be streamed at www.Keeneland.com.