EUROPE/INTERNATIONAL JOB POSTINGS
The TBA is seeking a Chief Executive to lead its team in Newmarket and promote and represent British Breeders’ interests at all levels of the Thoroughbred Industry. The position offers a good salary plus benefits commensurate with the seniority of the appointment. The successful applicant will have a sound understanding of the Industry and experience of working within it would be an advantage. Working with the Chairman and the Board, the Chief Executive will provide executive leadership, management and direction for the TBA. Key accountabilities include:
• Working with the Chairman to enable the Board and Sub-Committees to discharge their responsibilities efficiently and to maximum effect ensuring that the TBA complies with the legislative requirements to function effectively as a registered Charity and as a trade association.
• Working with the Chairman and Board to prioritise activities and resource where directed by the Board and to ensure that these activities are aligned with the resource and financial capabilities of the TBA.
• Providing the TBA and its staff with the direction and strategic leadership necessary to achieve the organisation’s purpose of supporting British breeders through three main strategic objectives; Education and Training, Veterinary Research and the Promotion of the British Thoroughbred.
• Acting as an ambassador for the TBA and for its members, influencing key decision makers, and building effective relationships with Stakeholders within the Thoroughbred Industry to lead and promote the TBA in the best way possible both within Great Britain and abroad.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate that they possess a wide range of necessary skillsincluding in the compilation of and presentation of strategic proposals and reports, excellent all round communication skills and the ability to work to demanding deadlines. They should also be able to evidence an ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships and to build trust and confidence with Stakeholders.
Applicants for this full time senior position are invited to apply to Julian Richmond-Watson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to: Wakefield Lodge Estate, Potterspury, Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 7QX
Applications close on 10 th December 2016.
NORTH AMERICAN JOB POSTINGS
Experienced Farm Manager
Immediate opening at Thoroughbred farm in Northwest Marion County, Florida
• Experience with Broodmares and Foals
• Organization and ability to manage daily farm routines and employees
• Knowledge in sales prep
• Excellent communication skills and fluent English
*Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
*Health Coverage available after 6 months employment
Please send resume and references to email@example.com
At the TDN, we’re always looking for well-written, hard-working, dedicated people who love the industry to join our growing staff. Specific opportunities, when they exist, are listed here.
If you’d like to send us your resume and a cover letter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’d be a perfect member of our team.