HIGHLANDER TRAINING CENTER NOW HIRING THOROUGHBRED HORSE RIDERS AND GROOMS
Highlander Training Center in Hopkins County, Texas, near Sulphur Springs, is opening its Thoroughbred horse racing, boarding and training center in June, 2017 and is looking for highly qualified riders and grooms who are passionate about horse racing. All candidates must be U.S. Citizens or able to produce valid immigration documentation.
Rider: Duties include working the horses on their AM and PM schedule on the track (horses only go to the track Monday – Friday), tacking the horses prior to training, breaking young horses, general care of horses (clipping, shortening of manes and wrapping legs after workouts), assisting riders, farrier, vet and ranch manager with holding horses during tacking and other procedures. Hours: M-F, 35 hours total and 5 hours one weekend day, rotating days each weekend. Pay and benefits: $15/hour plus comfortable, modern housing; may participate in company medical plan. Special qualifications: Must weigh less than 160 lbs. and PRIOR EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY.
Groom: Duties include general care of horses such as feeding and watering horses, grooming before and after workout, putting horses on and off horse walker, loading and unloading horses from trailers, assisting riders, farrier, vet and ranch manager with holding horses during tacking and other procedures, keeping all stalls and barns neat and clean, assisting groundskeepers with maintenance when needed, assisting ranch manager with other tasks when needed. Hours: M-F, 35 hours total and 5 hours one weekend day, rotating days each weekend. Pay and Benefits: $10/hour plus comfortable, modern housing; may participate in company medical plan. Special qualifications: 95% of a groom’s job involves physical labor so all candidates must be able to lift 55 lbs. unassisted, work outside in any weather, and be in close contact with large horses. Some experience preferred.
If you are interested in learning more about either position please contact:
Nancy Wilde at 315-447-6368. You can also submit your resume via email to: Ray Smerge at: [email protected] or mail to: Highlander Training Center Attn: Ray Smerge 300 Crescent Court Suite 550 Dallas TX 75201
Sales Coordinator / Director of Sales
Required for medium sized Central Kentucky farm
Please email resumes to [email protected]
HELP WANTED: LANDSCAPE & GROUNDS
Looking for a highly motivated person to help Landscape Foreman with maintaining 2500 acres.
Previous experience with planting, fertilizing, pruning and mulching helpful.
Compensation would include benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants may respond to to: [email protected]
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Sequel Stallions New York, a premier breeding farm is seeking a manager for its large breeding & mare operation. Candidate must have experience in breeding shed, foaling barn, general herd health, and be able to manage employees. Excellent communication skills and computer literacy are required.
• Accounting: Supervise monthly billing and submit weekly payroll for hourly employees
• Booking: Coordinate operations and ensure schedules for 2016 breeding season
• Supervising: Direct and motivate staff by providing feedback and guidance
• Inventory: Monitor operating costs, budgets and resources
• Client Development: Communicate with clients and build relationships with NY breeders
• Interns & Education: Drive the occasional recruitment process and training
• Quality Control: Secure adherence to company’s policies and maintain high level of service
• Proven experience as a Manager
• Experience and knowledge of breeding shed, foaling barn and general herd health
• Familiar with financial and customer service principles and practices
• Knowledge of data analysis procedures and good math skills
• Proficient user of MS Office and Jockey Club Horse Farm Management Software
• Outstanding leadership and organizational abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Qualified applicants please send resume to [email protected].
At the TDN, we’re always looking for well-written, hard-working, dedicated people who love the industry to join our growing staff. Specific opportunities, when they exist, are listed here.
If you’d like to send us your resume and a cover letter, please email [email protected] and let us know why you’d be a perfect member of our team.