Central Kentucky Farm seeking night watchman with experience foaling mares.
Must be available 6 nights a week.
Pay according to experience.
The Aga Khan Studs are recruiting a Marketing Assistant to assist in promoting the Aga Khan stallions, racing and breeding operations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a keen interest in the Thoroughbred industry
- Have prior experience in marketing and communication
- Be creative, rigorous and have a good attention to detail
- Be proactive and a team player
- Be fluent in English
Please send a covering letter and CV to: [email protected].
Assistant Professor Term (Applied Equine Operations Specialist)
The Equine Industry Program in the College of Business at University of Louisville invites applications for the position of Applied Operations Research Analyst at the proposed rank of Assistant Professor (Term) beginning August 2019. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The successful candidate will conduct applied research that supports the horse racing industry in Kentucky and the broader national/international racing industries (including, but not limited to, various wagering formats such as advanced deposit wagering [ADW], historical wagering, and eSports). The candidate also will support, co-develop and co-facilitate events that result in measurable improvements for the equine industry including a conference, industry meetings, and educational roundtables. The candidate will also teach undergraduate courses and may teach graduate courses, may include online or hybrid courses, as assigned under the direction of the Program Director.
- D. in operations research, operations management, business analytics, computational economics, or a related field
- Minimum two years teaching experience in higher education
Additional position description and qualifications listed in the linked job post below.
Website to apply:
To find full job post without the link: Louisville.edu/hr/employment, search for job ID 36566
Woodford County Thoroughbred farm seeks experienced Equipment Operator to work in all phases of pasture maintenance/renovation and operate various farm implements such as skid steer, auger, trencher, fork lift/bale spear, grapple bucket, etc. Position also required to assist as needed with all physical plant maintenance activities, including but not limited to weed eating, zero turn mowing, storm debris clean up, fencing, landscaping…etc. A valid driver’s license and experience driving a truck and trailer is also required. Competitive salary and benefits package offered. Inquiries to [email protected].
ASSISTANT FACILITIES MANAGER
Woodford County Thoroughbred farm seeks an Assistant Facilities Manager to assist with the identification, prioritization and completion of tasks related to the maintenance, repair, renovation and construction of facilities of a working thoroughbred farm housing over 200 horses. Large private residences, offices, numerous barns and tenant houses, miles of fences, roads and related plumbing and electrical infrastructure involved. Working knowledge, basic understanding and hands on experience in HVAC, audio/visual/Wi-Fi, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, pasture maintenance, fencing, equipment operation and managing work crews is required. Ability to communicate Spanish a plus. Direct report to the Facilities Manager, Chief Operating Officer and Farm Owner. Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive a truck and trailer required. Competitive salary and benefits package offered. Inquiries to [email protected].
|The Irish Thoroughbred Marketing (ITM) mission statement is “to promote Ireland as the leading source for the production and sale of quality thoroughbreds worldwide and as a premier country in which to own, breed and race thoroughbreds”. Our people and their passion for what they do is at the heart of our core values: Respect, Ambition, Empowerment, Excellence, Integrity, Pride & Passion.
|ITM wish to recruit an experienced and motivated Operations Manager. A key member of the team, reporting to the CEO of Irish Thoroughbred Marketing, the Operations Manager will support the development and execution of Irish Thoroughbred Marketing activity.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
· Manage the day to day operation of ITM hospitality in Ireland and at all Irish sales
· Manage ITM Budgets and assist the CEO in ITM’s strategic management
· Manage Government Trade missions ensuring ITM are represented where appropriate, liaising with Enterprise Ireland, IDA, Bord Failte, American Ireland Fund, etc.
· Provide support to manage and develop the ITM team
· Represent ITM at various industry events developing relationships with stakeholders and expand the network of clients
Skills and Experience:
At least 5 years’ experience in an Operational/General Manager type role. A Degree in Business or equivalent desirable. Must have knowledge and understanding of the Irish racing industry, particularly the Irish Thoroughbred Industry and international markets. A broad-based marketing communications skill-set with a thorough understanding of digital marketing and social media. Demonstrated experience in report writing, budget management and strong presentation skills. A strategic mind who can work effectively as part of a team. Some travel will be required as part of this role.
|Client Relations Executive – Maternity Contract
|ITM wish to recruit a Client Relations Executive to join the team for a fixed term maternity cover. This role will assist in retaining and developing the UK market for the Irish Thoroughbred Industry (ITM) with a strong customer facing approach and through the provision of a range of marketing tools.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Maintain and develop the UK sponsorship and event plan to include utilising branding opportunities, managing and hosting guests, liaising with venues and suppliers.
· Follow up with Clients prior to sales include: – making hotel bookings and arranging transport.
· Attend Irish sales to assist with clients and the ITM Desk.
· Promote and develop the UK market for the Irish thoroughbred industry through increasing sales and ownership.
· Assist in the day to day administration requirements of ITM and social media support.
Skills and Experience
At least 3 – 5 years’ experience working in a busy marketing/event management role. Event management experience with excellent planning & organisational skills with the ability to multitask working on own initiative and to deadlines. Good knowledge of UK racing and breeding industry. A good understanding of the role of social media in promoting racing and creating event publicity. Good attention to detail and data analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong team player with the ability to work using own initiative. Full clean driving licence. Experience in organising and hosting events. Extensive travel (UK) is required in this role.
|For more information on these role, please visit www.hri.ie/work-with-hri/jobs/
To apply, please send your CV, no later than close of business on Friday 1st March 2019 to: [email protected]
Rosemarie O’Flynn, HR Manager, Horse Racing Ireland
HRI is an equal opportunities employer
Full Time Stallion Groom
- Minimum of two years experience handling stallions and working in the breeding shed.
- Starting at $14.00/hour, plus benefits.
Please send inquiries and references to: [email protected]
Airdrie Stud seeks to hire an experienced Yearling Manager to oversee the daily care of our farm’s annual yearling crop. As one of the leaders of the Airdrie management team, this position requires a self-motivated and team-oriented individual with the ability to mentor our already exceptional yearling staff. This is a hands-on position that requires elite horseperson skills, organization, the ability to assemble and lead a sales team and a commitment to always being on call for horse and staff emergencies. It is also a position that provides the opportunity to manage the young stock of a perennially leading breeding operation while working closely with one of the most respected managerial teams in the industry.
This full-time salaried position with benefits also comes with a lovely on-farm manager’s home with four bedrooms as well as a vehicle and iPhone for business purposes.
Please email resumes to [email protected]
Thoroughbred farm in Lexington, KY is seeking experienced grooms in yearling or broodmare divisions.
- 2+ years horse experience required
- $12.00- $14.00 /hour based on experience and horse skills
- Overtime after 48 hours/week
- Full time hires receive paid holidays, paid time off, excellent benefits and bonus
If you have a passion for horses and a desire to work for an award-winning team, please submit resumes to [email protected]
Communications & Events Assistant
Assisting with delivery of high-profile activity at racecourses throughout the Flat racing season, including British Champions Day, involvement in major bloodstock sales and racing events, and contribution to GBRI’s PR output both domestically and internationally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the overseeing of British Champions Series events.
- Assisting the development of innovation on these days, as well as on British Champions Day.
- Assisting with the implementation of GBRI’s strategy for the forthcoming year.
- Planning and delivering specific projects within the GBRI PR strategy.
- Assisting the GBRI team with international stakeholder relations.
Key attributes will include:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- A passion for and evidence of event delivery.
- An understanding of basic PR processes.
- A driven and results-focussed team player.
- Proven time management and organisational skills.
- Knowledge and experience of the horse racing and breeding industries an advantage.
Closing date for applications Tuesday 19th February 2019. To find out more and apply, please go to the Current Opportunities page via https://www.britishhorseracing.com/work-bha/bha-vacancies/
Thoroughbred horse farm located in Lexington, Kentucky is seeking to hire:
Administrative/Office Team Member
This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary, insurance, etc.
- Administrative/Receptionist Support including front desk management and telephone system
- Information Technology which will include posting to various social media outlets and company website
- Assisting with Stallion Administration for Booking and Contacts
- Communication liaison between administrative staff, officers and farm operations staff
- Various other Administrative duties that may arise
- Some weekend work required
- Experience in multiple computer programs and social media including Microsoft Office, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Must have Equine Office experience
- Positive personality a must
Send Resume to [email protected]
Thoroughbred horse farm located in Lexington, Kentucky is seeking to hire:
This is a full-time position offering competitive hourly wages. Must have previous experience handling stallions.
Responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Providing daily care for Stallions and assist Managerial staff as needed during breeding sessions
- Non breeding season they will be providing care for yearling colts. This includes, but is not limited to, handling of stallions in breeding shed, mucking stalls, grooming, bathing, basic ground work, and holding for veterinary and farrier work
- It may also involve the light operation of farm equipment
- Candidates must be able to lift, push, pull or carry 50 lbs. and be able to perform the physical tasks required of the position
If interested please contact [email protected]
NIGHTWATCH / FOALING POSITION
Small Thoroughbred Farm in Woodford County, KY off Bluegrass Parkway, looking for a Nightwatch person with foaling experience.
• Must be experienced with mares, foals and yearlings.
• 12 hour shift (nights)
• Excellent pay/hr. plus benefits.
Please send previous work history, experience and references to [email protected]
Margaux Farm in Midway, KY has an immediate opening for a FARM MANAGER.
Margaux Farm, situated on 640 acres, has been recently renovated and expanded with a diverse variety of Thoroughbred horse services including starting, training, rehab, foaling, sales prep and quarantine training.
We are looking for an experienced horse person, not afraid of learning new technology that also brings excellent motivational and people skills to aid in the development of the 40 current employees on the farm.
Please email expressions of interest complete with detailed work history, in strict confidence, to:
Joe Wiseman, CFO: [email protected]
Lane’s End Farm seeks to hire an experienced Assistant Stallion manager.
The Assistant Stallion Manager aids the Stallion Manager in overseeing the daily care of the Stallions, managing necessary treatments for each horse, and directing all breeding sessions. This includes, but is not limited to, basic ground work, handling horses and equipment during day/night breeding sessions, assisting with veterinary and farrier work, responding to emergency care needed outside regular working hours, and the light operation of farm equipment.
All applicants are required to have previous experience working with Stallions, be self-motivated and team-oriented, and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must be able to lift, push, pull or carry 50lbs. and be able to perform the physical tasks required of the position. In addition to a highly-reputable work environment for this position Lane’s End offers a competitive salary, housing, paid time off, and exceptional health and retirement benefits.
Lane’s End Farm seeks to hire a qualified Stallion Groom with previous experience handling Stallions.
Stallion Grooms provide daily care for their horses and assist Managerial staff as needed during breeding sessions. This includes, but is not limited to, mucking stalls, grooming, bathing, basic ground work, and holding for veterinary and farrier work. It may also involve the light operation of farm equipment within the Stallion complex.
All applicants should be self-motivated and team-oriented. Candidates must be able to lift, push, pull or carry 50lbs. and be able to perform the physical tasks required of the position. Lane’s End Farm offers competitive salaries, a highly-reputable work environment and paid time off, along with exceptional health and retirement benefits.
Looking for an energetic, organized, hands-on leader who would like to join our great team as ASSISTANT BROODMARE MANAGER – HWY 64 DIVISION. Come to work in a beautiful setting at our fast-paced, dynamic, first class bluegrass horse farm.
General: Position works under the direction of the Broodmare Farms Manager and Assistant Manager to monitor herd health of the broodmare band at our Midway location.
A qualified candidate must:
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory role with a thoroughbred breeding operation.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States and possess a US driver’s license in good standing. Must pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
- Have competent computer skills and good knowledge of email, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and Microsoft Word. Experience with Horse Farm Management software program is a plus.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be professional, responsible, honest and dependable
Responsibilities of the position:
- Monitor the health and condition of broodmare band at the Midway location on a daily basis
- Ability to monitor pasture use to prevent over grazing and to recognize horse health issues and communicate them timely to the Manager/Asst. Manager
- Manage a staff of 5-10, including a foreman, at the Midway facility
- Maintain dialogue with third party service providers (veterinarians, blacksmiths, etc.) when requested by Manager/Asst. Manager
- Administer injections (i.v., i.m., and sq.), oral medications, vaccinations and worming protocol as directed by Manager/Asst. Manager
- Coordinate daily, weekly, monthly staff schedules with management team with ability to project future plans/scheduling needsSta
- Apply bandages
- Restrain mares for veterinarians, blacksmiths, etc.
- Bring mares in and out of the barn
- Muck stalls
- Safely drive pickup truck with horse trailer attached, subject to skills testing
- Delivering supplies to barns
- Moderate travel between Lexington and Midway locations in farm provided vehicle. Some assistance may be requested at Lexington location working with both mares and foals for teasing mares, foal delivery, and supply stocking.
This is a full-time salaried position that requires living on the property and being on-call around the clock for horse, staff or property emergencies. Salary based on experience, including standard benefits package. Company provided housing, vehicle, iPhone and laptop for business purposes.
Qualified, interested candidates should submit resume, references, and salary requirements to:
Human Resources | Email: [email protected] | Fax: 859-259-9660.
At the TDN, we’re always looking for well-written, hard-working, dedicated people who love the industry to join our growing staff. Specific opportunities, when they exist, are listed here.
If you’d like to send us your resume and a cover letter, please email [email protected] and let us know why you’d be a perfect member of our team.