Owner Specialist / Communication Representative
ABOUT US: The Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario (HBPA) is a non-for-profit organization whose mandate is to promote live thoroughbred horse racing in the province of Ontario. The HBPA assists and represents owners, trainers and their employees who are licensed and regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). The HBPA provides and manages important services and benefits to it’s members and speaks on behalf of it’s members interacting with organizations involved with Thoroughbred horseracing.
Please send your resume to: [email protected]
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Directory of Racing
The Director of Racing works to grow and improve the quality and integrity of the racing program at Oaklawn through identifying and developing relationships between management and key horsemen groups such as the AR Racing Commission, HBPA, ATHBA, etc.
• Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations outlined by the Arkansas Racing Commission
• Contributes to decisions made on a purse structure for the race meets
• Works with the Racing Secretary to ensure a competitive Stakes Schedule
• Responsible for adhering to all procedures and/or controls in designated area of responsibility
• Responsible for the creation and distribution of the Media Guide and condition books
• Works with the Racing Secretary to recruit new owners, trainers, jockeys and horses
• Works with Racing Secretary and Racing Office Staff to ensure a competitive and profitable racing program.
• Directs all aspects of the Racing Media department and public outreach efforts such as Dawn at Oaklawn, all speaking engagements, radio remotes, TV interviews, etc.
• Recruits, hires and manages racing office personnel, including all racing officials, on-air personalities and track announcer
• Works closely with the Stewards to ensure racing regulations are being adhered to
• Works with the safety and integrity teams to ensure safe and compliant races are run
• Collaborates with Oaklawn Anywhere to ensure a quality product
• Ensures compliance of all subordinates with Oaklawn policy and procedure
• Collaborates with other departments such as Food & Beverage, Mutuels, Maintenance, Security, Marketing, etc. to enhance the race fan’s experience.
• Responsible for the planning, execution and implementation of all aspects of live racing seasons.
• Responsible for the creation and distribution of stakes books, condition books and other racing related collateral materials.
• Directs and manages safety and integrity team to ensure overall safety and integrity of the racing program.
• Maintains and manages a complete record of all racing data for both Oaklawn and competitive set of thoroughbred race tracks.
•Performs all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with numerous responsibilities
• Must have thorough working knowledge of Incompass RTO Systems.
• Strong computer and analytical skills
• Strong, extensive knowledge of horse racing
• Excellent and professional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels
• Ability to maintain a calm, composed presence in an often challenging environment where multiple tasks and events may occur simultaneously
• The highest of moral integrity and a strong work ethic
• Able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Ability to work as a team
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to lead by example and act as a positive role model
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Must be able to walk or stand for long periods
• Ability to occasionally work outside in varied weather conditions and be around horses
• Ability to work occasionally in smoking environments with moderate to loud noise levels
• Frequent travel
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business
• At least 10 years horse racing industry experience
• At least 5 years management experience, racing/hospitality industry preferred
Must be 21 years of age or older, with a high school diploma/GED, and must be able to be approved for and maintain a valid ARC License
Qualifications / Experience Required:
5 years: Management
10 years: Horse Racing Industry
Good opportunity to join a renowned French stud.
Under the guidance of the Stud Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the breeding side of the stud.
They must have experience in all aspects of the role:
• General horse care, foaling, breeding, stallion care, sales prep and staff management
We are looking for a motivated and dynamic person with excellent organisation skills, a keen sense of observation, ability to work independently and management experience.
Fluent French and English necessary.
Good references vital.
Accommodation on site and attractive salary.
Please send your CV to [email protected]
SPENDTHRIFT FARM IS HIRING for the position of ASSISTANT BROODMARE MANAGER
In addition to experience with foaling and the daily care of mares and foals, the successful applicant must work well as a team leader, managing staff and vendors to maintain the highest level of care to a large Thoroughbred broodmare band. Excellent salary and benefits, including housing, provided. Inquiries to [email protected]
Permanent PART TIME NIGHT WATCHMAN for weekend shifts. Please apply in person at 884 Iron Works Pike, Lexington, KY 40511
Seasonal TRACTOR OPERATOR for the mowing season. Please apply in person at 884 Iron Works Pike, Lexington, KY 40511
Retired Racehorse Project has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is a part time, hourly position which reports to our Edgewater, Maryland office. The primary duties of the Administrative Assistant are:
This position would work well for an entry level professional or someone who is looking to fill time in their retirement. Schedule can be quite flexible and there is the possibility for growth in this position for the right individual.
Interested candidates can contact Kirsten Green – [email protected]
Assistant Manager required for expanding central Kentucky Thoroughbred farm.
Please send resumes to [email protected]
All submissions will be held in the strictest confidence
At the TDN, we’re always looking for well-written, hard-working, dedicated people who love the industry to join our growing staff. Specific opportunities, when they exist, are listed here.
If you’d like to send us your resume and a cover letter, please email [email protected] and let us know why you’d be a perfect member of our team.