Executive Assistant to the Chairman
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Executive Assistant to Johnny Weatherby, Chairman of Weatherbys. Based in Wellingborough, this full-time role requires strong Racing knowledge and ideally prior direct experience in the industry.
The ideal candidate will be confident, self-motivated and with demonstrable previous experience of working under pressure, accurately, flexibly and to demanding deadlines. Handling confidential matters with absolute discretion is essential.
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter to:
Sanders Road Wellingborough NNH 4BX
Closing Date: Wednesday 1st August 2018
Salary in the region of £40,000 plus attractive benefits.
Weatherbys upholds the principles of equality and diversity and actively promotes opportunity for all.
BARN FOREMAN Needed for Equine Thoroughbred Yearling/Training Farm in Ocala, Florida
Applicants must fluently speak and write in English. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
This position requires working with the entire team to complete daily duties: clean stalls, bathe horses, turn outs, give medications (both IM and IV), apply bandages, etc.
This position also requires basic computer competence and a valid drivers license.
Salary will be determined upon verified qualifications. DFWP.
Please call 800-925-2913 to apply and/or fax your resume to 352-620-0174 for consideration.
Manager, Racing Authority (External) (Ref: 20001337)
Executive Director, Racing’s Office
One of the responsibilities of the Racing Division is to oversee all matters relating to the Club’s functions and powers as the Racing Authority which controls and supervises horse racing in Hong Kong and this includes the leveraging of the Club’s pre-eminent capabilities as a Racing Authority to assist the Club achieve its China strategy and other business objectives, and ensuring that the Club is positioned as a leader in the organisational structures for racing at regional and world levels.
The job holder reports to the Executive Manager, Racing Authority (External) (EMRA(E)) and is responsible for the following areas:
You should have:
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Closing Date of Application
Closing date for applications is 20 July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to:
Human Resources Department
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
8/F, Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, New Territories, Hong Kong;
or email to [email protected] or fax to (852) 2966-6984.
The Dual Site Stables Operations and Owners Services Department manages and cares for in excess of 1200 thoroughbreds in training and races. Currently, there are 23 Trainers licensed to train horses. First-class race meetings are held on most Wednesday nights and weekends between September through to July.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic work rider to join our Stables Operations team.
Work stations in Hong Kong
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (852) 2966-6984
Mail: Human Resources Department
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
8/F Shatin Central Complex, Shatin Racecourse, New Territories, Hong Kong
Opportunity to work on busy stud farm
EQUINE SKILLS REQUIRED:
Equine First Aid, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Management Skills, Sales Preparation, Show Turnout, Young Stock Handler
Contact: Office 01789 751222 or email: [email protected]
Owner Specialist / Communication Representative
ABOUT US: The Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association of Ontario (HBPA) is a non-for-profit organization whose mandate is to promote live thoroughbred horse racing in the province of Ontario. The HBPA assists and represents owners, trainers and their employees who are licensed and regulated by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). The HBPA provides and manages important services and benefits to it’s members and speaks on behalf of it’s members interacting with organizations involved with Thoroughbred horseracing.
Please send your resume to: [email protected]
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Directory of Racing
The Director of Racing works to grow and improve the quality and integrity of the racing program at Oaklawn through identifying and developing relationships between management and key horsemen groups such as the AR Racing Commission, HBPA, ATHBA, etc.
• Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations outlined by the Arkansas Racing Commission
• Contributes to decisions made on a purse structure for the race meets
• Works with the Racing Secretary to ensure a competitive Stakes Schedule
• Responsible for adhering to all procedures and/or controls in designated area of responsibility
• Responsible for the creation and distribution of the Media Guide and condition books
• Works with the Racing Secretary to recruit new owners, trainers, jockeys and horses
• Works with Racing Secretary and Racing Office Staff to ensure a competitive and profitable racing program.
• Directs all aspects of the Racing Media department and public outreach efforts such as Dawn at Oaklawn, all speaking engagements, radio remotes, TV interviews, etc.
• Recruits, hires and manages racing office personnel, including all racing officials, on-air personalities and track announcer
• Works closely with the Stewards to ensure racing regulations are being adhered to
• Works with the safety and integrity teams to ensure safe and compliant races are run
• Collaborates with Oaklawn Anywhere to ensure a quality product
• Ensures compliance of all subordinates with Oaklawn policy and procedure
• Collaborates with other departments such as Food & Beverage, Mutuels, Maintenance, Security, Marketing, etc. to enhance the race fan’s experience.
• Responsible for the planning, execution and implementation of all aspects of live racing seasons.
• Responsible for the creation and distribution of stakes books, condition books and other racing related collateral materials.
• Directs and manages safety and integrity team to ensure overall safety and integrity of the racing program.
• Maintains and manages a complete record of all racing data for both Oaklawn and competitive set of thoroughbred race tracks.
•Performs all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with numerous responsibilities
• Must have thorough working knowledge of Incompass RTO Systems.
• Strong computer and analytical skills
• Strong, extensive knowledge of horse racing
• Excellent and professional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with all levels
• Ability to maintain a calm, composed presence in an often challenging environment where multiple tasks and events may occur simultaneously
• The highest of moral integrity and a strong work ethic
• Able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
• Ability to work as a team
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to lead by example and act as a positive role model
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• Must be able to walk or stand for long periods
• Ability to occasionally work outside in varied weather conditions and be around horses
• Ability to work occasionally in smoking environments with moderate to loud noise levels
• Frequent travel
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business
• At least 10 years horse racing industry experience
• At least 5 years management experience, racing/hospitality industry preferred
Must be 21 years of age or older, with a high school diploma/GED, and must be able to be approved for and maintain a valid ARC License
Qualifications / Experience Required:
5 years: Management
10 years: Horse Racing Industry
At the TDN, we’re always looking for well-written, hard-working, dedicated people who love the industry to join our growing staff. Specific opportunities, when they exist, are listed here.
If you’d like to send us your resume and a cover letter, please email [email protected] and let us know why you’d be a perfect member of our team.