Dynamic individual to join the Bloodstock Department to assist with the co-ordination and organisation of sales, starting in July 2019.
Successful candidate will be office-based in Newmarket and will report to the Bloodstock Director.
• Good knowledge of the bloodstock and racing industries.
• Able to maintain and develop strong relationships with both established and new clients.
• Willingness to work during weekends and evenings when required.
• Self-motivated but also a team player.
• PC literate with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Full driving licence.
Competitive salary and benefit package offered.
Applications to be made in writing, enclosing a CV and references to:
Tattersalls Ltd, Terrace House, 125 High Street, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 9BT
Naas Race Company PLC (t/a Naas Racecourse) is a leading horse racing venue situated on 189 acres adjacent to the vibrant & growing town of Naas, Co. Kildare. Staging a minimum of 18 race meetings per year together with a broad range of non race day activities it takes a very proactive approach to serving the racing industry.
The progressive & ambitious Board of Naas Racecourse is now seeking to recruit a GENERAL MANAGER
The General Manager will lead the company at Executive level. The successful candidate will report to the Board of Directors. While having primary responsibility for day to day operations, a key function will be to deliver the Boards vision for the ongoing progress of the company. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Delivery of short term & long term strategic goals for the entire Naas Racecourse business comprising both traditional racing events & commercial non race-day activites.
• Developing the Naas Racecourse brand.
• Preparing, monitoring & controlling race day activities.
• Oversight of all capital projects & improvement works.
• Promotion of Naas Racecourse locally, nationally & internationally as required.
• Fulfilment of Company Secretary function on behalf of Naas Race Company PLC.
The ideal candidate will need to be adaptable & flexible with an ability to think critically & strategically. Desirable attributes should include:
• Experience at senior management or similar level, prior racing industry experience a distinct advantage.
• Strong business acumen, commercial leadership, strategic thinking, service delivery, industry knowledge, and an ability to influence at the highest level.
• Professional approach and positive attitude in dealing with key stakeholders.
• Relevant 3rd level degree an advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Salary & Conditions
Will reflect the seniority of this role & the experience/skills of the successful candidate.
Apply to: Mr. Michael Higgins, Clinton Higgins, Trident House, Dublin Road, Naas, Co. Kildare. W91 VY6W
All applications will be dealt with in strict confidence.
Team Valor International is seeking an Executive Assistant
Looking for an all-around executive assistant to grow with the international racing stable and manage its new headquarters in Lake Worth, Florida. The candidate will be responsible for answering phones, maintaining files, owner ticketing, licensing and assisting TVI staff with administrative duties as needed. Candidates should be organised, possess proficient computer skills and be be able to work without supervision, as the principals of the company spend a lot of time on the road. Interest in international racing is a must.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
Resumes should be emailed to [email protected]
FARFELLOW FARMS (Paris) – Manager
Hands on manager with a focus on yearling prep experience.
Knowledge and experience in handling mares and foals.
Competitive compensation with housing.
Breeders of: (G1) Lemons Forever, (G1) Buddha, (G1) Anees, etc.
Applications kept confidential.
Send resumes to Jak Knelman: [email protected]
Assistant Farm Manager Position Available
Fred Hertrich’s Watercress Farm in Paris, KY
Ideal candidate would have several years experience working with mares and foals.
Strong organizational and horsemens skills a must.
Bilingual preferred but not required.
Full Time Position with room for growth, paid vacation and full benefits available to the right candidate.
Email [email protected]
The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) is operating a Racecourse at Conghua in Guangdong Province, South China, which officially opened in August 2018. The Conghua Racecourse (CRC) (https://crc.hkjc.com/en/index.aspx) is a major strategic project of HKJC as a cross-border home of HKJC’s stabling, training and racing facilities to support Hong Kong racing operations. It is a 150 plus hectare horse training facility designed to accommodate more than 650 horses from Hong Kong. By transferring horses to CRC for training, it enables HKJC to upgrade training facilities to maintain world-class standard so as to meet the growing demand for horse ownership in Hong Kong.
To learn more information about the daily work of the position, please refer to the website of HKJC:
Expert Work Rider (China)
- Be highly experienced rider of thoroughbred racehorses
- Possess high ability in riding thoroughbred racehorses at slow work or fast gallop ‘to time’ or uphill gallop as requested by the allocated Trainer(s) or his delegate
- Attend stall test/barrier trial when required
- Give timely and accurate feedback/ advice to the allocated Trainer (s) or delegate in riding/ schooling and educating difficult / young thoroughbred racehorses
- Have experience and ability to assist the starting gate team during barrier trials, barrier practice and race day/racing related event duties
- Attend and/ or assist other departments for race day/racing related events as assigned by the department
- Undertake other duties as assigned by Manager when necessary
- Be based in Conghua district of Guangzhou City, China
- Have a minimum of 5 years working experience in riding thoroughbred racehorses
- Preferably be an ex-licensed jockey
- Preferably have Asian/Mainland China working experience
- Be able to jump a horse out of the starting gate and recognise signs of lame horse, deemed to have “bled” or striking itself
- Be able to fit a bridle, saddle, martingale, breastplate, boots and other gears under the instructions from his/her allocated Trainer(s) and or delegate
- Be able to communicate in English
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the CRC and the individual.
How to apply
Please send your resume providing data about your education, professional qualifications, work experience (with reference letters) as well as your height/current weight and expected salary to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: +852 2966 6984
Mail: 8/F, Human Resources Department, Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, New Territories, Hong Kong
New Vocations Office and Intake Manager (Full-Time)
New Vocations is the largest racehorse adoption program in the country, specializing in rehabbing, retraining and rehoming retired racehorses.
- Day-to-day management of New Vocations’ Lexington, KY, office
- Managing equine intake and horse inventory for seven facilities
- General customer service duties including answering phones and offering facility tours
- Gathering and maintaining adequate records in database
- Creating and running reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented and able to multitask
- Excellent customer service skills
- General understanding of vet reports and equine care
Please send resumes to [email protected]
Job Vacancy: North America Territory Sales Manager
Equilume is the world leader in the research and development of light therapy solutions to assist the global horse industry maximize reproductive efficiency and competitive performance.
We are delighted to announce that due to the increased demand for our new products, we are currently recruiting a North American Territory Sales Manager to assist us in meeting this demand. The suitable candidate will professionally represent our brand and products and be able to communicate the scientific message to potential clients.
Please send your full CV to:
For more information see www.equilume.com
At the TDN, we’re always looking for well-written, hard-working, dedicated people who love the industry to join our growing staff. Specific opportunities, when they exist, are listed here.
If you’d like to send us your resume and a cover letter, please email [email protected] and let us know why you’d be a perfect member of our team.