Northview Stallion Station is seeking a Broodmare Manager for its Maryland division. Successful candidate will be responsible for foaling, teasing, record keeping, staff management, communicating with clients and veterinarians. Excellent opportunity for the right person. Please send resume to [email protected] or fax to 410-885-5985.
Thoroughbred Training Operation Employment/Ownership Opportunity
A once in a lifetime opportunity to own a well-established Thoroughbred Training Operation in South Carolina.
The right candidate should have strong horsemanship skills and experience in training young horses. A background in racing and sales prep, exceptional organizational skills and the ability to maintain and develop employee and client relations is a must.
For the right individual, incredible potential for promotion in a short period of time including ownership opportunities.
Please send all inquiries, resumes and CV’s to: [email protected].
NOMINATIONS & MARKETING
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Tweenhills based within the bloodstock office. This role involves the marketing, promotion and nomination sales for stallions standing at Tweenhills. The candidate will also be required to assist David Redvers and Hannah Wall along with many varied areas of the operation in a diverse working environment. A good understanding of the thoroughbred industry, with bloodstock and or racing experience would be advantageous. Good administrative, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Please apply with CV to [email protected]
“If you are an assertive self-starter, you are strategic in your approach to business, you achieve your goals with and through others, you thrive in a fast-paced, deadline orientated environment where attention to detail and sound follow through is a must, please keep reading…”
Saracen Horse Feeds, an independent, family owned company, are looking for candidates for a sales and technical service position. The position is 100% Thoroughbred orientated, so an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the thoroughbred industry is vital, with a true passion for racing and breeding, and for the people and horses involved. The primary focus is to establish and maintain a presence in our designated markets, to expand our market share and to help build awareness of our brand values. Our business is to offer the finest nutritional solutions, and a very personal level of customer service and relations. A collaboration with Kentucky Equine Research and Hallway Feeds since 2001 has given Saracen the chance to provide unique, progressive feeds along with the science and technology to support them. The ability to correctly present and explain the unique products and service elements that the brand provides, and how they make a difference, is paramount.
For this role, 5-10 years of related practical horse experience is required, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written, are a must.
The successful candidate will be :
- Highly motivated, enterprising and hardworking, with a proper commitment to the brand
- Active, tactical and confident in their approach, and prepared to invest significant time and energy into developing and maintaining relationships with key contacts
- Driven by the desire to be a high achiever, and part of a leading team
- Eager and ready to help to solve problems and provide support for our clients
- Comfortable with responsibility, with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
They will need to :
- Travel, as required, within their designated area to serve existing customers and prospective clients
- Manage and plan a busy schedule with strong time management and organisational skills
- Be able to work as part of the team, or on their own initiative, and be very happy to do both
- Be quick to react and respond, and to always follow through
- Be genuinely interested in being involved in the thoroughbred feed industry
The successful candidate will be expected, within a reasonable timeframe, to start to make a significant commercial contribution to the company’s bottom line. We will offer full ongoing training and support for definite career progression to become the very best in this fast-paced and fascinating industry. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Closing date 6th September.
Please email your covering letter and CV to [email protected] and complete the below link.
FHBPA Seeks Executive Director
Reporting to the Florida Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association, Inc. (FHBPA) Board of Directors, our winning Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the FHBPA programs, staff and execution of the organization’s mission.
S/he will direct and enhance the services the FHBPA provides in support of our goals.
Main functions in which s/he will provide dynamic leadership include developing programs for advancing, fostering and promoting the sport of horse racing in Florida; representing the interests of FHBPA members in all matters affecting horsemen and the horse racing industry; working with race track management, state officials and lawmakers, and various racing and breeding associations—both local and national—to further strengthen and improve Florida’s horse racing industry.
To read the job description, click here.
Immediate opening for experienced Stallion Groom at Gainesway Farm, with breeding shed experience. Excellent benefits and wages. 6 days a week.
Please apply in person, 3750 Paris Pike, between 9 am – 4 pm.
Taylor Made Sales Agency, Inc. is looking to add a groom to our team.
Includes, but not limited to:
- Thoroughly groom each horse in your care daily.
- Mucks and cleans all horse stalls daily.
- Feeds and waters horses under the discretion of the barn foreman/division manager.
- Assist barn foreman in maintaining conditions of pastures for assigned barns.
- Excellent horsemanship skills
- Good communication skills both with staff and outside visitors
- Willing to work as part of a hard working team
- Be prepared to work 6 days per week
Please apply in person or by calling 859-881-6114
Taylor Made Sales Agency, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applied Equine Economist (Assistant or Associate Professor)
The Equine Industry Program in University of Louisville’s College of Business seeks qualified applicants for an Applied Economist (non-tenure track), to begin January 2020. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary and research support are competitive.
The Applied Economist will play a critical role in advancing the Equine Industry Program. They will be expected to conduct high-impact applied economic research that supports the horse racing industry in Kentucky and the broader international racing industry (including, but not limited to, auction market, farm best practices, taxation, racing, gaming, etc.). They will also teach economics and equine related courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. They are expected to work effectively and collaboratively with the Program Director, internal and external stakeholders, and constituents involved in the equine industry, as well as provide professional and university service.
- Ph.D. degree in applied economics, economics, econometrics, agricultural or urban economics, or a related field. ABD candidates who anticipate completing degree requirements prior to the date of appointment will be considered.
- Show promise for conducting applied economic research, generating insights, and communicating results in an impactful way.
- Possess experience in or genuine interest in the equine industry.
- Prior college-level teaching experience, the ability to develop and teach online courses, and business analytics expertise (as evidenced by a competency in IMPLAN, SAS, R, and/or Python) also will be considerations.
See more details in full posting (Job ID 37662):