Looking for an energetic, organized, hands-on leader who would like to join our great team as ASSISTANT BROODMARE MANAGER – HWY 64 DIVISION. Come to work in a beautiful setting at our fast-paced, dynamic, first class bluegrass horse farm.
General: Position works under the direction of the Broodmare Farms Manager and Assistant Manager to monitor herd health of the broodmare band at our Midway location.
A qualified candidate must:
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory role with a thoroughbred breeding operation.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States and possess a US driver’s license in good standing. Must pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
- Have competent computer skills and good knowledge of email, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and Microsoft Word. Experience with Horse Farm Management software program is a plus.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be professional, responsible, honest and dependable
Responsibilities of the position:
- Monitor the health and condition of broodmare band at the Midway location on a daily basis
- Ability to monitor pasture use to prevent over grazing and to recognize horse health issues and communicate them timely to the Manager/Asst. Manager
- Manage a staff of 5-10, including a foreman, at the Midway facility
- Maintain dialogue with third party service providers (veterinarians, blacksmiths, etc.) when requested by Manager/Asst. Manager
- Administer injections (i.v., i.m., and sq.), oral medications, vaccinations and worming protocol as directed by Manager/Asst. Manager
- Coordinate daily, weekly, monthly staff schedules with management team with ability to project future plans/scheduling needsSta
- Apply bandages
- Restrain mares for veterinarians, blacksmiths, etc.
- Bring mares in and out of the barn
- Muck stalls
- Safely drive pickup truck with horse trailer attached, subject to skills testing
- Delivering supplies to barns
- Moderate travel between Lexington and Midway locations in farm provided vehicle. Some assistance may be requested at Lexington location working with both mares and foals for teasing mares, foal delivery, and supply stocking.
This is a full-time salaried position that requires living on the property and being on-call around the clock for horse, staff or property emergencies. Salary based on experience, including standard benefits package. Company provided housing, vehicle, iPhone and laptop for business purposes.
Qualified, interested candidates should submit resume, references, and salary requirements to:
Human Resources | Email: [email protected] | Fax: 859-259-9660.
Full-time experienced bookkeeper wanted for internationally recognized thoroughbred sales company.Competitive salary with health and dental insurance. Preference given to applicants with experience in the thoroughbred industry.
Must be proficient with QuickBooks, Horse Farm Management, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
Email resumes to [email protected]
Derrinstown Stud have a requirement for an experienced Stud Manager to join their Senior Management Team.
This role will report to the General Manager with responsibility for the following:
• Management of stallions, mares & foals, yearlings, horses in pre-training/rehab
• Capability to work closely with Veterinarians, Farriers and other specialists
• Sales preparation including experience and knowledge of pedigrees and conformation
• Overseeing & accountability for grassland management, gardens & farm
• Facilities maintenance
• Budget preparation and monitoring
• HR – specifically around recruitment
• Health & Safety – relevant knowledge of standards & policies
• Logistics, Transport and Administration
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years experience in a similar position, an in-depth industry knowledge & a proven track record.
The above is a broad outline of duties involved.
Please contact Niamh Mullen at Clark on 045 881888 or [email protected] for the complete job description or to discuss in confidence.
Closing date for applications 5pm, Friday 25th January 2019.
Job Title: Thoroughbred Specialist
The Thoroughbred Specialist will work with the Kentucky Equine Research sales and marketing teams to expand the company’s presence in both the breeding and racing sectors of the Thoroughbred industry and achieve product sales targets. The Thoroughbred Specialist will markedly increase sales of KER Targeted Nutrition Supplements into new markets while supporting retention and growth in existing markets. The Thoroughbred Specialist’s territory will be North America as well as interim support for the Dubai, UAE market as needed.
Reporting to the COO, the Thoroughbred Specialist will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and manage existing portfolio of wholesale, veterinary, and retail accounts.
- Generate new business using existing and new customer networks
- Build and maintain relationships with key influencers within network of Thoroughbred industry professionals
- Develop and maintain professional business relationships with key influencers in the veterinary and equestrian feed and supplies markets
- Communicate regularly and effectively with accounts to establish positive and productive relationships
- Recognize and implement distribution and point-of-purchase opportunities, establishing and maintaining relationships with retailers servicing race tracks, training centers, and breeding farms
- Create personal sales plans (accounts, markets, products) and set objectives in accordance with the company’s sales and marketing plan
- Manage out-bound sales communication (emails, calls, visits) to network promoting current sales programs, promotions, and new products
- Travel to racing, training, and breeding facilities throughout North America and internationally as needed
- Take and process customer orders as required, seizing opportunities to up sell and cross sell
- Assist in preparations for and participate in trade shows and other appropriate events
- Provide product training as appropriate to retailers, wholesalers, veterinarians, and consumers.
- Contribute to company’s sales and marketing plan development and projections
- Contribute to company’s Thoroughbred-industry strategic planning and execution of plans
- Regularly meet with COO and provide weekly written reports on plans, progress, and feedback on initiatives and suggest opportunities for growth
- Maintain internal lines of communication with marketing, customer service, and production to ensure timely responses to customer enquiries and issues and ensure that our product and service standards are met
- Consistently utilize CRM system to track activities and progress, in line with designated processes
- Represent a positive and professional image of the company externally and internally
The Thoroughbred Specialist should:
- Be self-motivated, take initiative, and possess a strong sales drive
- Be customer-oriented and engaging
- Have strong presentation skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Be proficient in use of email, smart phone technologies, and MS Office suite, including PowerPoint as well as ability to learn new custom software systems and applications
- Have the ability and willingness to travel by car, air, or other modes as appropriate both within the U.S. and internationally
- Be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Be able to lift up to 50 lb
- Bachelor’s degree in animal or equine science or related scientific field, advanced degree desirable
- Experience in and knowledge regarding handling and feeding horses; preferably those encountered on Thoroughbred breeding or racing facilities.
- Previous experience in sales of equine nutrition products desirable
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and personal vehicle with valid insurance
- Legal authorization to work in U.S.
Key Performance Indicators
- Increase in KER supplement sales revenue
- Acquisition and retention of new accounts
- Acquisition of new distribution partners/accounts
- Completion and follow-through on special projects
- Quality and timeliness of completion of assigned tasks
- Effectiveness of educational and training presentations and materials created
Compensation and Hours:
This is a full-time, salaried position that may include commissions and performance bonuses. Level of compensation will be based on qualifications, previous experience, and performance. It will be based at Kentucky Equine Research’s corporate headquarters in Versailles, Ky. Working days and hours will vary and may include weekends. Extensive domestic and some international travel will be expected; up to 75% of the time.
To apply, send resume and references to [email protected].
Expert Work Rider (China)
The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) is operating a Racecourse at Conghua in Guangdong Province, South China, which officially opened in August 2018. The Conghua Racecourse (CRC) (https://ctc.hkjc.com/en/index.aspx) is a major strategic project of HKJC as a cross-border home of HKJC’s stabling, training and racing facilities to support Hong Kong racing operations. It is a 150 plus hectare horse training facility designed to accommodate more than 650 horses from Hong Kong. By transferring horses to CRC for training, it enables HKJC to upgrade training facilities to maintain world-class standard so as to meet the growing demand for horse ownership in Hong Kong.
- Be highly experienced rider of thoroughbred racehorses
- Possess high ability in riding thoroughbred racehorses at slow work or fast gallop ‘to time’ or uphill gallop as requested by the allocated Trainer(s) or his delegate
- Attend stall test/barrier trial when required
- Give timely and accurate feedback/ advice to the allocated Trainer(s) or delegate in riding/ schooling and educating difficult / young thoroughbred racehorses
- Have experience and ability to assist the starting gate team during barrier trials, barrier practice and race day/racing related event duties
- Attend and/ or assist other departments for race day/racing related events as assigned by the department
- Undertake other duties as assigned by Manager when necessary
- Be based in Conghua district of Guangzhou City, China
- Have a minimum of 5 years working experience in riding thoroughbred racehorses
- Preferably be an ex-licensed jockey
- Preferably have Asian/Mainland China working experience
- Be able to jump a horse out of the starting gate and recognise signs of lame horse, deemed to have “bled” or striking itself
- Be able to fit a bridle, saddle, martingale, breastplate, boots and other gears under the instructions from his/her allocated Trainer(s) and or delegate
- Be able to communicate in English
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the CRC and the individual.
How to Apply
Please send your resume providing data about your education, professional qualifications, work experience (with reference letters) as well as your height/current weight and expected salary to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: +852 2966 6984
Mail: 8/F, Human Resources Department, Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, New Territories, Hong Kong
Thoroughbred horse farm located in Versailles, Kentucky is seeking to hire an Administrative/Office team member. This is a full-time position offering a competitive salary, insurance, PTO, etc.
• Administrative/Receptionist Support including front desk management and telephone system
• Calendar/Scheduling Management for President and Officers
• Coordinate Events, Open Houses and help with Stallion Shows
• Information Technology which will include posting to various social media outlets and company website
• Assisting with Stallion Administration for Booking and Contacts
• Communication liaison between administrative staff, officers and farm operations staff
• Various other Administrative duties that may arise
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-3 years’ experience working in an office setting
• Experienced Information Technology skills including Microsoft Office, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
• Ability to multitask in a dynamic and fast paced environment
• Equine Office experience would be very helpful
Please e-mail resume to [email protected]
BLUE GRASS FARMS CHARITIES – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Founded in 2003, Blue Grass Farms Charities (BGFC) is a unique Central Kentucky 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to serving those that work in all aspects of the Thoroughbred Industry. Programs focus on benevolence, referrals and partnerships, services and events for workers and their families in need.
The Executive Director is an executive management position that reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall strategic and operational management for BGFC staff, programs, growth, and successful execution of its mission.
- Meet or exceed annual revenue goals.
- Plan, implement and manage all internal and external fundraising events.
- Serve as staff lead on fundraisers conducted by outside organizers (third party) by identifying and cultivating opportunities and stewarding existing relationships.
- Identify and facilitate application for appropriate grant opportunities
- Ensure that philanthropy and fund development are carried out in keeping with BGFC’s values, mission, vision and plans.
- Develop a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization that will enable it to attract, retain and motivate donors and fundraising volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Board Governance
EDUCATIONAL AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public relations, Strategic Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with Windows, MS Office, Excel and Word.
- Experience with special event, promotional campaign planning and execution.
- Annual, capital giving experience and planned giving experience preferred.
- Demonstrated record of being detail orientated, having strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to prioritize workloads, the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team situation to meet multiple competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with digital media including website design and management as well as social media platforms.
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate and direct volunteer labor force.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Desire to provide a high level of service and hospitality.
Starting salary +/- $65,000 annually with incentives to be paid quarterly, full healthcare benefits. Full job description can be downloaded here.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
ASSISTANT BROODMARE MANAGER
Seclusive Farm near Lexington is looking to hire a full-time ASSISTANT BROODMARE MANAGER
to help with all aspects of Thoroughbred operation.
Must have experience with foaling and broodmares.
Please send resume to [email protected]
Successful Thoroughbred Farm located in North Central Florida is seeking an experienced full-time working Farm Manager.
• Broodmare management
• Yearling sales prep
• Organization of daily farm routine
Must have extensive experience in reproduction and foaling. Multilingual added plus. Intermediate computer knowledge required.
Competitive pay & benefits based on experience.
Please provide resume along with references to: [email protected]
For further details please call: 352-843-3288
Stone Farm in Paris, Kentucky is seeking a Yearling Manager experienced in Sales, Breaking and Layups.
Send resume to [email protected]
At the TDN, we’re always looking for well-written, hard-working, dedicated people who love the industry to join our growing staff. Specific opportunities, when they exist, are listed here.
If you’d like to send us your resume and a cover letter, please email [email protected] and let us know why you’d be a perfect member of our team.