France Galop is seeking a Chief Executive for its Owners’ Department in Paris.
Working under the responsibility of the Sales and Marketing Director, the Chief Executive of the Owners’ Department is in charge of the customer experience of all registered owners at France Galop.
He/she will have the following tasks:
Customer loyalty management and organisation of the Owners’ Department network.
- Define the customer-driven strategy and the customer loyalty programmes of the Owners’ Department.
- Supervise the implementation of such strategy at the operational level (hospitality programs, events management, customer service on racecourses, special offers, communication).
- Responsible of the owner’s customer experience.
Conquering new owners and partnership
- Develop and carry out a strategy on the means to conquer news owners, in partnership with all the commercial actors of the Institution, including the FRBC (French Racing and Breeding Committee).
Management of the Owners’ Department
- Define each of the team members’ objectives
- Motivate each team member to achieve their objectives
- Organise and plan team work
- Control the budget
Profile required :
Training: Higher education in the business, communication or marketing field.
- Excellent knowledge of horseracing and its major actors
- Management of major projects
- Capacity to develop and implement a strategy
- Ability to adapt to different audiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational skills
- Fluent in English/French
- Proficiency in a 3rd language a plus
Workplace: Head office of France Galop, Boulogne (Paris area).
Availability and presence on racecourses at weekends and on Bank holidays.
Employment contract: Permanent contract (French contract: CDI = Contrat à Durée Indéterminée)
Job opening as soon as possible.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter by email: [email protected]
Assistant Equine Manager
Notable central Kentucky farm seeks Assistant Equine Manager to participate in and help oversee all aspects of mare, foal, weanling and yearling care.
Foaling and sales prep experience and ability to drive a gooseneck trailer a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate.
Inquiries to [email protected]
BLUE GRASS FARMS CHARITIES – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
Job Title: Executive Director of Blue Grass Farms Charities
Reports To: Board of Directors
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Compensation: Starting salary $60K annually with incentives to be paid quarterly
Founded in 2003, Blue Grass Farms Charities (BGFC) is a unique Central Kentucky 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to serving those that work in all aspects of the Thoroughbred Industry. Programs focus on benevolence, referrals and partnerships, services and events for workers and their families in need.
The Executive Director is an executive management position that reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall strategic and operational management for BGFC staff, programs, growth, and successful execution of its mission.
• Meet or exceed annual revenue goals.
• Plan, implement and manage all internal and external fundraising events.
• Serve as staff lead on fundraisers conducted by outside organizers (third party) by identifying and cultivating opportunities and stewarding existing relationships.
• Identify and facilitate application for appropriate grant opportunities
• Ensure that philanthropy and fund development are carried out in keeping with BGFC’s values, mission, vision and plans.
• Develop a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization that will enable it to attract, retain and motivate donors and fundraising volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
FUNDRAISING– 50% of the time should be spent in fundraising. This would include direct mail marketing and face to face major gift solicitations. Direct mail marketing/annual giving would include messaging, developing the mail and/or email graphics and copy and scheduling of each mailing. Annual giving efforts should be ¼ of the time and ¾ of the time should be spent meeting face-to-face with prospective donors and developing awareness and affinity for the organization and solicitations. Board members will accompany or open doors for the executive director.
• Create and implement a comprehensive annual and multi-year Fund Development Plan. Set goals, strategies and support for successful execution.
• Lead all fundraising activities measures, monitor results and help the Board evaluate the effectiveness of the organizations fundraising program.
BOARD GOVERNANCE– 30% of the time should be spent on Board actions. This includes the preparation for and execution of regular Board meetings. Communication with the Board should include personal visits and discussions with each member one-on-one and as a group. Dependent upon the organizations by-laws, the executive director should participate in the recruitment of new Board members. Transparent and regular communications regarding financial statements, fundraising efforts and personnel should take place between the executive director and the Board. The executive director should provide guidance and in some cases, training, for Board members to carry out the mission of the organization.
LEADERSHIP– 20% of the time should be spent as the Leader of the organization. Supervise staff and maintain day to day activities of the organization. This would include financial management and personnel supervision.
• Participate with the Board in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization, act as a professional advisor.
• Act as a spokesperson for the organization along with board leadership to enhance the organizations community profile
• Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate.
• Develop strategic partnerships with others in the community to fill in the gaps where resources are needed.
• Promote BGFC resources to help families in need in accordance with the organization’s Mission.
• Lead, coach, develop and retain BGFC staff.
• Establish performance responsibility for BGFC staff, programs, fundraising, growth and successful execution of its mission.
EDUCATIONAL AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Public relations, Strategic Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of development experience.
• Computer proficiency, including familiarity with Windows, MS Office, Excel and Word.
• Experience with special event, promotional campaign planning and execution.
• Annual, capital giving experience and planned giving experience preferred.
• Demonstrated record of being detail orientated, having strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to prioritize workloads, the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team situation to meet multiple competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with digital media including website design and management as well as social media platforms.
• Leadership skills and the ability to motivate and direct volunteer labor force.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Desire to provide a high level of service and hospitality.
Reliable transportation and automobile insurance, signed confidentiality agreement, pass criminal background check and drug test, attendance at occasional early morning, evening and weekend events.
TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter to our search committee by email to: [email protected]. No phone calls please. An equal opportunity employer
The Jockey Club’s educational and breeding arm, The National Stud, are recruiting for a Stud Secretary to join the team.
The National Stud have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Stud Secretary to join the team. This role will see the successful candidate manage the necessary documentation for horses boarding at The Stud, whilst working with the Stud team to ensure all horse arrivals and departures run smoothly.
Reporting to the Stud Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with veterinary surgeons, laboratories and clients on various matters, alongside managing all Weatherby’s registrations for broodmares, foals and yearlings.
The successful candidate will;
- Have previous experience in a similar role, ideally at a stud
- Have extensive knowledge of the thoroughbred & racing industries
- Be an excellent team player with strong communication skills
- Have a working knowledge of the HBLB Code of Practice and NSFA breeding regulations
- Possess outstanding organisational skills and have the ability to multitask
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate may be required to work at weekends, as and when necessary.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience and would like to apply for this exciting opportunity please apply through our careers portal – https://careers.thejockeyclub.co.uk/job/Newmarket-Stud-Secretary-SFK-CB8-0XE/499698801/
The closing date for applications is 7th November. We reserve the right to bring this date forward if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
DON ALBERTO CORPORATION – YEARLING MANAGER
Don Alberto Corporation has an immediate opportunity available for a highly motivated and well-organized Yearling Manager.
The Yearling Manager position at Don Alberto Corporation is a full-time opportunity complete with a competitive salary and full benefits package including on-farm residence in Lexington, KY.
For additional information or consideration, please contact [email protected]
NIGHT FOALING OPERATIVE
The successful candidate should be available to rotate over two weeks. Three nights on week one, and four nights on week two, over a seven-day week, January to June 2019.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Should be competent with sole responsibility for attending mares prior to and during foaling and also be prepared to Team lead
• Be experienced in the monitoring and post natal care of Mares and Foals
• They should be confident, knowledgeable and skilled in the correction of Dystocia and dealing with potential health problems of Mares and Foals throughout the night
• Be knowledgeable as to the requirement for Veterinary support during or after foaling
• Be prepared to instruct / supervise our students participating in our Thoroughbred Breeding Course
• Have the administration skills necessary to prepare reports
Remuneration will be discussed at interview. If you are interested please forward your CV to Orla Hennelly or e-mail [email protected] before close of business on Friday 19th October 2018
Gainesway Farm is in need of an energetic person to fill a NIGHTWATCH POSITION.
Must have practical knowledge of horses.
Good salary and benefits.
Foaling experience would also be beneficial for the 2019 season.
Apply in person between 9 am to 4 pm
• 3750 Paris Pike, Lexington, KY •
Stud Groom/Assistant Manager
-Young enthusiastic person with experience in the care of broodmares and preparation of their stock for yearling and foal sales.
-This person will be involved in the day to day running of a private stud farm and have a brilliant opportunity to work with a quality broodmare band whose produce are sold at Tattersalls and Goffs sales.
-Applicant must be able to work as a barn leader both on the farm and with the consignment at the sales yards.
-Suitable candidate will receive an excellent salary and a house on the farm.
-Applications with references and C.V. to [email protected]
Roundhill Stud, Patrickswell, Co Limerick, Ireland
At the TDN, we’re always looking for well-written, hard-working, dedicated people who love the industry to join our growing staff. Specific opportunities, when they exist, are listed here.
If you’d like to send us your resume and a cover letter, please email [email protected] and let us know why you’d be a perfect member of our team.