Racing Welfare has partnered with employee assistance programme (EAP) Care first, who will support the charity with the delivery of racing's Support Line for the industry, Racing Welfare announced on Tuesday. Racing's Support Line is the gateway to all of Racing Welfare's services including the charity's welfare provision and racing's Occupational Health Service. New services provided by Care first include:
- Anyone calling the line will now have the option to immediately speak to a trained counsellor 24 hours a day for any issue they may be facing, no matter how big or small.
- A Management Support Service is now available for anyone in the industry who manages or mentors other staff members.
- Telephone Information Specialists who are Citizens Advice trained are on hand to assist with practical guidance on everything from benefits checks to consumer rights.
- Critical Incident Support–meaning immediate telephone access to counsellors and trained counsellors on-site post critical incident.
- The partnership will also benefit Racing Welfare's Careers Advice & Training Service (CATS) which now offers direct access to qualified careers coaches.
- A lifestyle website featuring a wealth of useful information and advice including a wellbeing assessment and access to free informative webinars across a range of topics.
- Anyone working in the racing industry can call Racing's Support Line 24 hours a day on 0800 6300 443.
Dawn Goodfellow, Racing Welfare Chief Executive, said, “We are thrilled to announce our new partnership with Care first. Racing's Support Line is something that we should be hugely proud of as an industry and demonstrates our commitment to providing racing's people with access to a comprehensive level of support for all of life's issues. It is hugely gratifying to be able to highlight the support and expertise on offer through Care first and I am confident that the benefits of our new partnership will be far reaching for the industry.”