Oaklawn Park, which is scheduled to reopen its casino May 18 at 9:00 a.m., outlined the guidelines which will be implemented to facilitate the reopening process. The casino has been closed since Mar. 16 as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
“We are fully prepared to meet or exceed all recommended health and hygiene protocols,” said General Manager Wayne Smith. “While we understand this timing might not be right for some people, just know we will be ready and safe for you when you are. The health and safety of our guests and team members are of the utmost importance. Of particular interest, on May 2 we concluded a successful race meet, albeit without fans, where we proved that by following strict protocols we could keep our horsemen and staff safe.”
In accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Arkansas Department of Health, Oaklawn has submitted a plan to operate the casino and F&B outlets. The plan includes:
- Adjusted casino hours – 9 a.m. to 3 a.m., Sun-Thu and 9 a.m. to 5 a.m., Fri-Sat
- The casino will operate at 33% of facility capacity
- There will only be one entrance for guests, which will be the main/front casino entrance
- All guests and team members will be required to have non-invasive temperature checks as they enter the facility Anyone presenting a temp at/over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted inside the building
- Guests will be asked to show ID upon entering should contact tracing be required
- Guests and Team members will be required to wear masks at all times
- Shuttle service will continue with limitations on number of guests per shuttle
- Guests will be limited to every other slot machine to ensure social distancing
- Live blackjack games limited to every other seat and no more than three players per table
- Live craps limited to three players per side of each table
- Live roulette will not be opened at this time
- Smoking will not be allowed anywhere inside the facility, including the casino
Additionally, Oaklawn outlined its health guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing protocols:
- The facility has undergone a series of deep cleaning in all areas and the frequency of cleaning all public areas during the day will be increased
- The casino will be electrostatically disinfected nightly when we are closed
- Oaklawn has added additional hand sanitizing stations in all public and office areas
- Prominently displayed signage regarding social distancing, health and hygiene for guests and team members throughout the property, porte cochere, shuttles and waiting areas
- All team members will receive training on Covid-19 safety and sanitation protocols
The Race & Sports Book (room and kiosks) will remain closed and simulcast racing, marketing promotions, events, tournaments, or entertainment (live bands) have also been curtailed until further notice. Schedules for dining venues at Oaklawn have been amended for the upcoming opening. For more information, visit www.oaklawn.com.
Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up for the daily PDF or alerts.