The Horseracing Integrity & Welfare Unit (HIWU) and RealResponse relaunched its anonymous whistleblower platforms to enable Thoroughbred racing participants to submit tips regarding potential violations of the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority's (HISA) Anti-Doping and Medication Control (ADMC) and Racetrack Safety Programs.
At the time of the original Program launch Mar. 27, 2023, the platforms were only accepting tips related to ADMC Program violations.
Contacts to submit a tip:
- Phone Line: (888) 714-HIWU (4498)
- Text Line: (855) 901-TIPS (8477)
- Email: [email protected]
“Opening up HIWU's anonymous whistleblower platforms to those seeking to report potential Racetrack Safety Program violations in addition to ADMC violations strengthens HISA's uniform and efficient approach to safety and integrity in racing. It also simplifies the process for horsemen and industry participants seeking to ensure a safe and clean sport, which benefits everyone,” said Ann McGovern, HISA's director of Racetrack Safety.
The text and email platforms are supported through RealResponse, which provides safe and secure reporting platforms for athletes, teams, and organizations worldwide. The telephone platform is supported by Ansafone. Submissions are accepted 24/7, and whistleblowers have the option to volunteer their contact information if they are open to potential follow up from HIWU's investigators.
Examples of violations of the ADMC and Racetrack Safety Programs that can be reported include, but are not limited to:
- Use/attempted use, administration/attempted administration, trafficking/attempted trafficking, or possession of a Banned Substance/Method.
- Use of a Controlled Medication Substance/Method in a manner contrary to horse welfare.
- Evasion of sample collection.
- Tampering/attempted tampering with the ADMC Program.
- Falsified or improper veterinary records.
- Paper training.
- Use of buzzers.
- Improper use of shockwave therapy.
Tips that are specific to HISA's Racetrack Safety Program will be investigated by HIWU's Investigations Unit, which will submit reports to HISA to be handled by HISA staff, as appropriate. ADMC Program violations will be investigated and prosecuted by HIWU.
Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up for the daily PDF or alerts.