More than 50 international broadcasters will cover the G1 Cazoo Derby at Epsom Downs Racecourse, an official part of Her Majesty The Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations, on June 4. The £1.604-million contest will be shown live by 32 broadcasters, and there will be 15 on-site news and lifestyle broadcasters, plus various news agencies for the two-day stand. These broadcasters were secured by The Jockey Club, Racecourse Media Group and HBA Media.
In America, both Good Morning America (ABC network) and NBC News will broadcast live from the course, while Jess Stafford will be hosting live action for TVG. Fox Sports will also be showing a live one-hour programme around the G1 Cazoo Derby itself.
Channels showing live coverage are as follows:
- ARD (Germany)
- Polsat (Poland)
- France Télévisions, BFMTV (France),
- SRF (Switzerland)
- SIC (Portugal),
- ITN, Sky News, BBC Breakfast and ITV's Lorraine (UK)
- Eclat (14 countries in South-East Asia),
- NENT (Scandinavia),
- Wedotv (Germany, Switzerland and Austria)
- Charlton (Israel)
- Sony Pictures Network (India)
- TV (China)
- ITV, Virgin Media, Racing TV (UK/Ireland)
- SuperSport, Racing 240 (Africa)
- Green Channel, NHK (Japan)
- HKJC, Cable TV, TVB, Now TV (Hong Kong)
- Sky Racing, Trackside (Australasia)
- ESPN / Star +, SportsMax (Latin America/Caribbean)
- MENA (Dubai Racing Channel)
CNN International will be including coverage, available to over 370 million households, while news agencies Reuters, SNTV, PA and AFP will be distributing coverage around the globe. Trans World Sport is also featuring the Cazoo Derby for its upcoming programme.
Phil White, The Jockey Club's London Regional Director, said, “We look forward to welcoming television viewers around the world to Epsom Downs for the Cazoo Derby this weekend. They will not only be witnessing racing's most spectacular carnival, but can also join the Platinum Jubilee celebrations as we celebrate the historic reign of Her Majesty The Queen. I have no doubt that our extensive worldwide audience are in for a treat and will enjoy one of the great sporting and social occasions of recent times.”