Several new incentives have been unveiled for the $7.5 million+ 2022 Dubai World Cup Carnival, which begins on Jan. 13, 2022. Some of the new benefits announced by the Dubai Racing Club are as follows:
- Two return business class flights for trainers, in addition to three nights' accommodation at a DRC-associated hotel.
- Owners (one representative) will receive one Business Class return flight to use during the Carnival.
- Travel will also be subsidised for stable staff, with one economy class return flight provided for one groom for up to two horses, flights for two people for three to four horses, and so on.
- Accommodation for grooms is provided within the International and Dubai World Cup Quarantine complex, adjacent to Meydan Racecourse.
- There is no cost to connections for stabling or use of Meydan Racecourse's extensive training facilities.
- The separate training track complex, which has turf and Tapeta tracks, will shortly be upgraded to maintain the safety of horses and riders.
Stephanie Cooley, DRC International Liaison, said, “I'm delighted with what we're able to offer this year as extra incentives for international horsemen.
“Maintaining relationships with these owners and trainers is a key priority; they are integral to putting on our highly regarded Carnival. Last season was a challenging time due to worldwide restrictions on travel, so we were delighted to celebrate winners from Europe, South America and closer to home in the Middle East.
“The fact that we can introduce more prize money and incentives for 2022 can only boost the continuous support from our horsemen as well as bringing new players to Dubai.”
It was previously announced that several new races making up the Jumeirah Turf Series would be inaugurated at this year's DWCC. The DWCC ends on Super Saturday, Mar. 5, and the $30.5-million Dubai World Cup meeting will be held on Mar. 26th.