Based on increasing vaccine availability and declining COVID-19 numbers, The Stronach Group and TOC outlined new protocols at Santa Anita Park and Golden Gate Fields to allow licensed owners more access to the grounds.
SANTA ANITA PARK
Mandatory Santa Anita protocols, including social distancing (a minimum of six feet), face cloths covering your nose and mouth, health screening, temperature check and wrist banding will continue to be enforced for everyone entering Santa Anita, including the Stable Area.
After each race, the winning horse will be brought into the winners' circle and a limited number of owners will be allowed access for the customary photo.
- Social distancing (minimum of six feet) in the winner's circle will be strictly enforced.
- Entrance to the winner's circle will be restricted to a maximum of eight owners and/or guests to allow for social distancing.
- Owners and/or guests will be required to stand on the West Side of the winner's circle.
- Face cloths covering nose and mouth remain mandatory at Santa Anita, including the winner's circle.
Stable Area Access
- Each trainer can authorize a maximum of two CHRB licensed owners to go to their barn at any one time between 10:00 a.m. – 7:00p.m. daily.
- Prior to entrance, owners and their guest must pre-register with the Santa Anita Racing Office and submit one of the following to the Santa Anita Racing
- Negative COVID-19 test result that is received within 72 hours prior to the day requested (Negative COVID test can remain on file for a maximum of 30 days)
- Proof of completed scheduled COVID-19 vaccination doses
- Each owner may bring one additional family member.
- Owners may only visit the barn where their horse is stabled.
- Owners must keep their visits to the outside areas, including the stall entrances, and not enter stable offices, tack rooms or other enclosed locations.
- The current protocol (i.e. CHRB licensed owners are permitted each race day) will remain in place for the time being, and CHRB licensed owners should continue to contact TOC to put your name on the reservation list for each race day. No reservation is required for morning workouts. Contact [email protected], [email protected], or call Mary Forney at (626) 826-3782.
GOLDEN GATE FIELDS
The grandstand and winner's circle at Golden Gate Fields are open for live racing to CHRB licensed owners with the following protocols in place:
- Owners must provide a Negative COVID-19 test result that is received within 72 hours prior to the race day (Negative COVID test can remain on file for a maximum of 30 days).
- N95 masks covering your nose and mouth remain mandatory at Golden Gate Fields, including the winner's circle.
- Social distancing (minimum of six-feet) in the winner's circle will be strictly enforced.
- Entrance to the winner's circle will be restricted to a limited number of owners and/or their guests to allow for social distancing.
- The grandstand is open for morning workouts on Saturday and Sunday mornings to owners under the aforementioned protocols.
The local health department continues to mandate that the stable area at Golden Gate Fields remains closed to owners, however, conversations are continuing to lessen those restrictions as the COVID-19 numbers improve in the county, and an update could be issued soon.