To ensure the health and safety of participants, Keeneland has released its protocols surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic for its November sale, which will be held Nov. 9-18. Many of the protocols will be similar to the ones in place for the Keeneland September sale, but a few adjustments have been made in light of the Breeders’ Cup being held on the grounds Nov. 6-7. Requirements are as follows:
- Access to the grounds is limited to credentialed attendees only. Credentials are accessible from the Virtual Badge app beginning Oct. 28. Those who had a credential in September must reapply, as they will not carry forward.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 10 days of first entry onto the Keeneland grounds is required for all consignors and their staff, as well as for veterinarians, farriers, media, van representatives, Keeneland staff, and any other essential employees. Keeneland will provide on-site testing for any credentialed sales participants Oct. 28-29 and Nov. 2-3, although a negative test from elsewhere will also suffice.
- Buyers, owners, and agents will not be required to show proof of a negative COVID test, but will be required to complete a health questionnaire and have a daily temperature check.
- All participants are required to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing at all times.
- On the days of the Breeders’ Cup, a parking credential is required in addition to the Virtual Badge credential.
For more detailed information, please visit Keeneland.