The Great Community Race Day, the brainchild of Carlisle Racecourse non-executive committee member Bruce Jones and his wife Sue who founded OEE, a Carlisle-based engineering company, will be held on Thursday, July 8. Keen to support and contribute towards the local community, the couple decided to sponsor a racing fixture and the concept of the Great Community Race Day was born. Each of the six races on Thursday's card will include the name of one of the following charities that the team at OEE had been personally involved with and felt inclined to support:
- BEE Unique – Autism 'Embracing Differences'
- Calvert Trust – Challenging disability through outdoor adventure
- Carlisle Community Help – Affordable Food Hub
- Diff-Ability – Showcasing ability over disability
- Every Life Matters – Suicide Prevention
- Penny Jones – Animal Hospice
All donations are split equally and passed in full, directly to the charities and can be made here.
“Through the Great Community Race Day, OEE hope to really raise awareness of these local charities and the fantastic work they do,” said Bruce Jones. “OEE would like to thank the charities themselves for their efforts in pulling together the organisation and the team at Carlisle Racecourse for their help and support with all the arrangements and planning.”